New Bills HC success/failure on Whaley's shoulders

In today's end of season press conference, Whaley stated he was the Asst. GM when Marrone was hired. Whaley stated it was a committee that conducted the HC search and finalized the hire of Rex Ryan. Now, Whaley and Monos are in charge of this coaching search.

So now the pressure is squarely on Whaley's shoulders for the Bills to succeed. If his hand picked HC is another failure, then at that time I imagine not only will the coach get fired, but also Whaley. I think at that time is when the Pegula's will finally clean house and make sweeping changes to the organization, something that should've happened when they bought the team.

I hope this new HC works out because I would hate to see the playoff drought extend to 19-20 years, but considering how bad the Bills have been bumbling around (especially this week with Lynn & Whaley's media sessions), I have little faith that they will turn things around for the better.

Edited by Jerry Jabber

Im satisfied with the fact Russ is not involved in the process. The GM should be the one making the call, not Russ Brandon, ticket sales, and red wine.

I agree 100% that the GM should be making the call. Russ is great with marketing and making money for the team, but he's been horrible with football operations.