Travis Henry holding up trade to Arizona

OnTheRocks

Green hates Shelton for some reason.  And I said there is no way we get that straight up.  I have already said we will have to throw in a pick. 

It's easy on who is better:

Mcgahee

Martin

Alexander

Dillon

James

Barber

Thomlinson

Portis

Taylor

Davis

Green

Dunn

Kevin Jones

Thomas Jones

Mcallister

Chris Brown

Lewis

Droughns

Holmes

Staley

Westbrook

M Faulk

S Jackson

That's 23 that are clearly better with that tier he is in both Bettis and Pittman are better.  That makes Travis at best the 25th best RB in the league. 

There is also guys like Chester Taylor, Jordan,  Tatum Bell, Suggs, Griffen, Anthony Thomas who seem to have as much or more promise. 

That said, Travis will be lucky to start on even a lower tier team.  If you believe otherwise but that is a very unrealistic view of his value.  He should be paid as a #25-30 back in the league which really only warrants about 1 to 1.5 million per year.  Therefore he is right paid.

255116[/snapback]

While acknowledging that your list is pretty accurate as far as players who are better or comparable to TH, it is extremely unfair to say that they are "clearly" better than him. That one word drastically changes your argument. For what its worth, you did not mention a back on that list that plays for the Cards or the Raidas. Its trading a need for a need and i don't think a pick will be necessary for the deal to go through. That being said, i am becoming less optomistic as far as this deal going through - not because of the compensation, but the rumors that TH will not play without a new contract. Hopefully we will find out this week.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Curtis Martin, Stephen Davis, Marshall Faulk??? TOO OLD

Kevin Jones hasn't proven a damn thing in this league.

Staley and Dunn are injury prone and are not workhorses like Travis

Thomas Jones sucks

Ruben Droughns??? Based on what? A half a season??? My grandma can run behind Denver's o-line

The rest I agree with but Henry is isn't that far behind.

Green hates Shelton for some reason.  And I said there is no way we get that straight up.  I have already said we will have to throw in a pick. 

It's easy on who is better:

Mcgahee

Martin

Alexander

Dillon

James

Barber

Thomlinson

Portis

Taylor

Davis

Green

Dunn

Kevin Jones

Thomas Jones

Mcallister

Chris Brown

Lewis

Droughns

Holmes

Staley

Westbrook

M Faulk

S Jackson

That's 23 that are clearly better with that tier he is in both Bettis and Pittman are better.  That makes Travis at best the 25th best RB in the league. 

There is also guys like Chester Taylor, Jordan,  Tatum Bell, Suggs, Griffen, Anthony Thomas who seem to have as much or more promise. 

That said, Travis will be lucky to start on even a lower tier team.  If you believe otherwise but that is a very unrealistic view of his value.  He should be paid as a #25-30 back in the league which really only warrants about 1 to 1.5 million per year.  Therefore he is right paid.

255116[/snapback]

Curtis Martin, Stephen Davis, Marshall Faulk??? TOO OLD

Kevin Jones hasn't proven a damn thing in this league.

Staley and Dunn are injury prone and are not workhorses like Travis

Thomas Jones sucks

Ruben Droughns??? Based on what?  A half a season??? My grandma can run behind Denver's o-line

The rest I agree with but Henry is isn't that far behind.

255218[/snapback]

Fine even removing the 5 or so guys you mentioned he is still in the 3rd tier of "starting running backs". Of course I disagree stringly that he is better then Martin, who was the best back this year.

BTW that was Dominick Davis and I forgot Stephen Davis so move Travis down one more.

But my point is a 3rd tier running back will only get paid about 1.25 salary per year with probably a limit of 3-4 year contract and a 3 million bonus. So his cap number should not be much more than about 1.8. Right now Travis is getting paid relative to his worth. The only thing he will and probably should get is a 3 year extension but not really much of a raise based on his value.