MNF- Panthers at Redskins

Cam Newton 21-6 in dec/jan

Tied with

Tom Brady. Just 2 of the best.

is Tom letting him borrow a ring? Til he gets a ring hes a nobody in this pass happy league. He, Philip, Matt, Romo and Luck can look in at Eli, Drew, Aaron, Russell, Tom all day. But they're not in the same room.

is Tom letting him borrow a ring? Til he gets a ring hes a nobody in this pass happy league. He, Philip, Matt, Romo and Luck can look in at Eli, Drew, Aaron, Russell, Tom all day. But they're not in the same room.

Is this the ole' Dilfer-is-better-than-Marino argument?

Is this the ole' Dilfer-is-better-than-Marino argument?

completely different. This era is nothing but passing. The Panthers ate nothing but passing. But Newton misses so many open targets and throws off target all the time for one. Plus he is not a leader.

Marino and Kelly threw the yards, took the hits and didn't get the luxury of today's coddled QB's. And yes, cam is coddled

completely different. This era is nothing but passing. The Panthers ate nothing but passing. But Newton misses so many open targets and throws off target all the time for one. Plus he is not a leader.

Marino and Kelly threw the yards, took the hits and didn't get the luxury of today's coddled QB's. And yes, cam is coddled

I'm guessing your evaluation has more to do with his off-field behavior, and I get that. I disagree that he's not a leader. That team without him last year would struggle to crack .500. He pretty much took them to a Superbowl on his back - and deservedly won the MVP last year. Our fan base constantly makes excuses for Tyrod's play due to our injury depleted WR corps, but I doubt half of them could even name the Panthers wide receivers last year.

People want to know why they faded this year. Losing Norman and Keuchly is huge, but that team only goes as far as Cam goes. He repeatedly got his bell rung very early in the season with some nasty hits, and there's no doubt it slowed him down. Coddled? Tom Brady is coddled. Newton is probably the least coddled QB in the league, at least by the referees.

Edited by QCity