RB Astro-Rankings

Astrobot

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/19D8I9D3txSJjZRNyCEAeNTG2_gaTghTXMt4rOkViTvs/edit?usp=sharing

I focus on RB every year because I know the traits that seem to translate to the NFL. Some players I've liked in recent years included Jeremy Hill, Karlos Williams, Carlos Hyde, Jonathan Williams, and Terrance West. I was thrilled when Karlos and Jonathan were picked by the Bills.

One stat that seems to be highly predictive is yards per carry against AP-ranked teams.

One stat that isn't predictive so much is YPC, which is a function of the OL blocking, quality of the opponents' defenses, etc.

I move players up and down as I watch game videos, not when some draft site says so-and-so is awesome. This avoids players being "famous for being famous".

Edited by Astrobot

Is Curtis Samuel so low because he's technically an Hback? He's one of the most talented offensive players in the country. His skill and explosiveness on the football field reminds me of Sammy Watkins. His production is limited only by how much OSU gives him the ball IMO. He's a Percy Harvin type but I guess falls into the RB category because they play him there sometimes.

Edited by YoloinOhio

• 4 weeks later...

Stats updated and order changed a little.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/19D8I9D3txSJjZRNyCEAeNTG2_gaTghTXMt4rOkViTvs/edit?usp=sharing

Is Curtis Samuel so low because he's technically an Hback? He's one of the most talented offensive players in the country. His skill and explosiveness on the football field reminds me of Sammy Watkins. His production is limited only by how much OSU gives him the ball IMO. He's a Percy Harvin type but I guess falls into the RB category because they play him there sometimes.

I think they're talking about making him a slot receiver at the next level. Let me confirm that.

• 2 weeks later...

I updated the final stats for the top 30 RBs.

There is at least one RB in each RD whose team has been scouted by Bills more than once:

RD1-Leonard Fournette LSU
RD2-Dalvin Cook Florida St.
RD3-James Conner Pittsburgh
RD3-Wayne Gallman Clemson
RD5-Demario Richard Arizona St.
RD6-Philip Lindsay Colorado

• 1 month later...