OT - Tsunami photos found

Golden Wheels

Those pictures are eerie and yet fascinating at the same time. There's no way in hell that anyone would expect to die in that wave just seeing it from afar. You'd figure it would break on shore, make a big splash and that would be it. You would not know that the sea level behind the wave has risen by 10 to 30 feet in some places. If it happened in Hawaii, there would be warning sirens well in advance. Not in Asia though.

Anyway, the one story i read whare someone was aware was this guy vacationing in Sri Lanka (also from Canada) and his two friends. The guy knew about tsunami's and when he saw the white caps coming from way out to see he yelled at his friends to run to higher ground. They all made it just in time and they said the beach and people were all wiped out. If it wasn't for this guy's awareness, the three would have also been killed. I wish I had the link to the story, very interesting. I read it about a week after it happened.

Those pictures are eerie and yet fascinating at the same time.  There's no way in hell that anyone would expect to die in that wave just seeing it from afar.  You'd figure it would break on shore, make a big splash and that would be it.  You would not know that the sea level behind the wave has risen by 10 to 30 feet in some places.  If it happened in Hawaii, there would be warning sirens well in advance.  Not in Asia though.

Anyway, the one story i read whare someone was aware was this guy vacationing in Sri Lanka (also from Canada) and his two friends.  The guy knew about tsunami's and when he saw the white caps  coming from way out to see he yelled at his friends to run to higher ground.  They all made it just in time and they said the beach and people were all wiped out. If it wasn't for this guy's awareness, the three would have also been killed.  I wish I had the link to the story, very interesting.  I read it about a week after it happened.

252958[/snapback]

If these snapperhead Canadians had vacationed in San Diego or Florida, or waited until summer to go to Beaver Island, they would be alive right now.

Serves them right. I hope they are burning in Hell for the way they took advantage of Third World Peoples

Disney World???

Well I don;t care much for Florida scum either, but at least those people have the OPPORTUNITY to wsh themselves.

Could you imagine the crust in the crotches of those Third World Bahama and Jamaica types who serve and cook your food/ Who care if they wear a bow tie.

No running water in third world counties equals disease

252351[/snapback]

I do find the mention of Disney World ironic since we were there 2 years ago and there was an outbreak of disease among numerous patrons there (I think about 50 or so people ended up in the hospital and gosh knows how many just ended throwing up at home because of a load of contaminated tomatoes were used in food preparation at Dismey World in FLA and got a bunch of folks sick.

Yhe outbreak was actually not stypical of many food borne disease outbreaks in the country but this one got some press attention because at the time Disney was playing host to the US Tranplants Games so there were quite a few immune system suppressed folks exposed. These not infrquesnt outbreak in the US because so much food is transported long distances was probably more severe because there were a concentrated group of health concious and immune suppressed folks exposed, but fortnately no one died so this was probably a case of a lot of vomiting that the normal public gets but never notices.

A place like Disney also seems more prone to these cases being noticed since they do food preparation in a central location that serves many different parks so that one could stay in any number of Disney hotels and get sick.

I'm sorry for those folks who feel secure because they live in the good ol US of A, but if you go to any restaurants, evem those in the sticks in the USA, there is a reasonable chance that you may be eating third world prepared food or that the guy who lives down the block who prepared it did not wash his hands after he went to the crapper.