Looking for advice on Parking/Tailgating

bcassidy23

I just got season tix for the the first time. I'm looking for some advice on good places to park.

• I'm from Rochester, so I'm hoping to find something with access to a quick exit
  • Not looking for anything too rowdy but hope to find a fun place to tailgate
  • I used to park over on California, but the trek to the stadium became very difficult when a bridge was removed that got us over a creek

Thanks in advance!

I just got season tix for the the first time. I'm looking for some advice on good places to park.

• I'm from Rochester, so I'm hoping to find something with access to a quick exit
  • Not looking for anything too rowdy but hope to find a fun place to tailgate
  • I used to park over on California, but the trek to the stadium became very difficult when a bridge was removed that got us over a creek
Thanks in advance!

Perhaps the lot on the corner of Southwestern and California might work for you

We come from ROC and typically bypass the usual stadium traffic getting off the Southern Expy onto Milestrip.

Instead, we continue on the Southern Expy to 20A and double back to the stadium that way. Yeah, it gets a little slow on Big Tree, but depending on our mood and the weather, we may park further out and hoof it. Or sometimes we go all the way in and park at Lot #1. There are many parking options.

Then, to get back home, we also avoid going the same way as everyone. The Southern Expy is often at a standstill, so we'll skip it altogether and just take 20A east through the village of Orchard Park and just continue driving east on 20A and jog back up to the thruway via one of the many options (Transit Rd, Rt 98 in Batavia, etc etc.) Its such a pretty drive in the fall through all those rolling hills, we've even gone all the way to Warsaw or Geneseo and jogged back up toward ROC from there.

Or, in the winter time, we take the thruway all the way to Exit 56, get to Southwestern Blvd and park in lot 4. We usually have a lot of luck going back that way too, again, to avoid 219.

I'm likely not saving much time, and definitely not gas, but I'm of the mindset where I'd rather keep moving instead of sitting in traffic. And again, the scenic drive on 20A in the fall is worth it for us.

Good luck!

Edited by jimmy10