OT Attented Amerks Game - GREAT hockey

Saw them play 3 weeks ago - beat the 2nd place team 4-0 (Binghamton) and threw in some olde-time hockey at the end with 7 or 8 fights. Great time, well worth the price. They truly are on a roll. It'd be great if there was national exposure for the playoffs, too, since that's the highest level of hockey being played right now.

Do not know the history between Rochester and Saint John but they had 4 guys in the pentaly box with in the first 4 seconds of the game ! Had to be a record of some sort ... and they took about 3 SJ's players off the ice after being checked .. Rochester mixes great skating with SOLID defense

Do not know the history between Rochester and Saint John but they had 4 guys in the pentaly box with in the first 4 seconds of the game ! Had to be a record of some sort ... and they took about 3 SJ's players off the ice after being checked .. Rochester mixes great skating with SOLID defense

246576[/snapback]

lol yea they're fun to watch. It's very similar to the NHL game but with guys who don't care about getting 20 or 25 PIMs a game.

I went to the game yesterday and to the win over Cleveland on Friday night. (I also went to the K'Hawks' terrible loss to the Bandits last night, but I digress.)

Great hockey. When an AHL team can send out Derek Roy, Milan Bartovic, Thomas Vanek, Chris Taylor, Norm Milley, Jason Pominville and Paul Gaustad plus have Jeff Jillson, Nathan Paetsch and Doug Janik on the blueline AND Ryan Miller between the pipes, they've got something special the likes of which we haven't seen in Rochester since '82-'83 and may never see again.

I hope the NHLPA holds out next year too.  Bring up all the AHL and let see that cup raised in the great city of Buffalo!

246663[/snapback]

Fug that. Let's see them do right by the Stanley Cup and award it THIS YEAR to the best team in North America the way it's supposed to be done. The Rochester Americans, 2004-05 Stanley Cup champions. Has a nice ring to it. :doh:

Fug that.  Let's see them do right by the Stanley Cup and award it THIS YEAR to the best team in North America the way it's supposed to be done.  The Rochester Americans, 2004-05 Stanley Cup champions.  Has a nice ring to it.  :doh:

246686[/snapback]

That'd be awesome - AHL champions get the Calder Cup and the Stanley Cup.