(OT) GTA:SA

Fezmid

Hey, I've been playing GTA:SA and it's pretty cool. However, I seem to be stuck (maybe). I finished the mission that the cops gave me to take over the park controlled by the Ballers. That opened up the turf areas on the map (green, purple, and yellow). Now, the only other mission I see is a race in a lowrider car (which I'm not good at yet). Do I need to take control of all of the map? (I'm pretty close, about 70% I'd say). It's getting kinda old starting up gang wars all the time, but there's nothing else that I can tell that i'm supposed to be doing.

Thoughts?

CW

I'm still looking for the codes for Nude Raider.  <_<

Have you checked one of the thousand game cheat sites on the net?

246263[/snapback]

I don't want to read them because they contain too many spoilers. That's why I was hoping to get a more direct answer here.

CW

Hey, I've been playing GTA:SA and it's pretty cool.  However, I seem to be stuck (maybe).  I finished the mission that the cops gave me to take over the park controlled by the Ballers.  That opened up the turf areas on the map (green, purple, and yellow).  Now, the only other mission I see is a race in a lowrider car (which I'm not good at yet).  Do I need to take control of all of the map? (I'm pretty close, about 70% I'd say).  It's getting kinda old starting up gang wars all the time, but there's nothing else that I can tell that i'm supposed to be doing.

Thoughts?

CW

246258[/snapback]

yeah Fez Im close to finishing this game up. You to go into the yellow or purple areas and start some gang warfare. Youn can get a couple of your gang members dressed in green to go with you by aiming a gun at them and pointin up on the D-pad (for PS2). You will be able to proceed to more missions once your respect level gets over 10%. to start gang warfare shoot at couple gang members in Ballas(purple) or Los Santos Vagos (yellow) colors in their respective territories. Make sure you have armor and some good weapons (with enough ammo) before starting gang warfare.

yeah Fez Im close to finishing this game up. You to go into the yellow or purple areas and start some gang warfare. Youn can get a couple of your gang members dressed in green to go with you by aiming a gun at them and pointin up on the D-pad (for PS2). You will be able to proceed to more missions once your respect level gets over 10%. to start gang warfare shoot at couple gang members in Ballas(purple) or Los Santos Vagos (yellow) colors in their respective territories. Make sure you have armor and some good weapons (with enough ammo) before starting gang warfare.

246273[/snapback]

I think my respect is around 50% (the bar is halfway full), and I've already taken over a bunch of territory. I just have to keep taking out more to unlock more missions, or what?

I'm getting kinda bored of taking over turf and defnding my own....

CW

And for reference, there is one, slightly hidden area that you need to control during the gang warfare that you can barely see on the map. Its owned by the Vagos gang, and its a thin strip in front of a convience store, near the motel where you and your brother escape from in an earlier mission. I went crazy, wondering why I was only at 99% areas controlled until I managed to get that last piece by squinting my eyes at the map and finally seeing a small strip of gang turf that I hadnt taken control of yet.

Good news is that when you get all the territory under your control, the "gang attacks" on your turf ends, so you can cruise around in peace.

Hey, I've been playing GTA:SA and it's pretty cool.  However, I seem to be stuck (maybe).  I finished the mission that the cops gave me to take over the park controlled by the Ballers.  That opened up the turf areas on the map (green, purple, and yellow).  Now, the only other mission I see is a race in a lowrider car (which I'm not good at yet).  Do I need to take control of all of the map? (I'm pretty close, about 70% I'd say).  It's getting kinda old starting up gang wars all the time, but there's nothing else that I can tell that i'm supposed to be doing.

Thoughts?

CW

246258[/snapback]

Alas, you have to pass the Cesar mission to unlock the ensuing chapters. Don't get balled up in conquering territories-- the subsequent missions will have you out of the city, and those marks on the grid will disappear for a time (for a while, these territories actually appear to be inundated with outsiders, and there's little you can do to slow the influx). Just beat that race-- you should get it in a few tries.

lol ok.... when you have the game paused what icons are on the map? Because you should have a mission with sweet where you raid a funeral and kill some ballas

246281[/snapback]

Yeah, I already did that mission... <_<

Alas, you have to pass the Cesar mission to unlock the ensuing chapters. Don't get balled up in conquering territories-- the subsequent missions will have you out of the city, and those marks on the grid will disappear for a time (for a while, these territories actually appear to be inundated with outsiders, and there's little you can do to slow the influx). Just beat that race-- you should get it in a few tries.

Oh, I have to do that one, huh? Great... Guess I better start practicing. I *hate* driving the low-rider cars, as you can't use the right thumbstick to change the camera (instead it makes the hydrolics go :doh: ). Oh well...

Thanks!

CW

You can pretty much beat the game without taking over the whole town. Taking over every single Balla and the Mexican gang territory would take forever. SOme missions require you to take over a certain percentage of territory however, later near the end when Sweet is back.

Boy does the game get harder and harder.

246371[/snapback]

the game gets harder? i dunno man.. I thought it was pretty easy, then again i am grizzled GTA vet that has played all 6 games in the series.

the game gets harder? i dunno man.. I thought it was pretty easy, then again i am grizzled GTA vet that has played all 6 games in the series.

246558[/snapback]

The original was great; running over all of the harry cristna's (sp???) and getting a congrats message (don't remember the wording( if you run them all over at once. :doh: Good times.

CW