It's one thing to argue letting Drew go but...

bluv

Why else would TV hit him.  He forgot the rules?  He's color blind?  It was reported all over the news that Vincent hit him.  What are you talking about?  I never saw this "official word" that you are referring to?

243151[/snapback]

i'm with fez, it wasn't a smack...........from what i recall, vincent grazed into him and losman, caught off guard and not expecting any contact, fell awkwardly........i wouldn't call it a hit, but i'd like to see a link confirming some of this.........

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/news.jsp?news_id=2688

Sounds like he tried to hit Vincent.

The first-round draft pick was injured when he made contact with cornerback Troy Vincent while he was finishing up a run to the right side during a two-minute drill.

"I was running and keeping him from going out of bounds and he was cutting back and our shoulder pads just barely grazed on his cutback," said Vincent. "At the same time he was planted I think our shoulder pads met."

"I don't think anything was intentional," Mularkey said. "I think it was accident out on the field. Troy is not going to hurt anybody and J.P. loosened up at the end. You can't do that."

Losman, the second of the team's two first-round draft picks, has been guilty of taking unnecessary hits from defenders as opposed to sliding to avoid the hit.

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/news.jsp?news_id=2688

Sounds like he tried to hit Vincent.

243160[/snapback]

I don't mean to read between the lines but when MM said "JP loosened up at the end", I read that he wasn't expecting to be hit!

Before you know it we will be talking about a grassy knoll and it's involvement in JP getting hurt.

I'm ready to move on to 2005!

Go Bills!

Go JP!

JP never had a winning record in college. He is slighty undersized. In college he was criticized for holding the ball too long and was the most sacked QB his senior year.

I don't bash him but people here GRILLED Bledsoe. So JP is off limits? Whatever guy.

243117[/snapback]

you're right - Tulane was nationally ranked and JP screwed it all up. :)

not like Drew, who self-destructed and kept the hottest team in tne NFL out of the playoffs. :)

you're right - Tulane was nationally ranked and JP screwed it all up. :) 

not like Drew, who self-destructed and kept the hottest team in tne NFL out of the playoffs. :)

243180[/snapback]

The last time Tulane was nationally ranked was 1998. JP was still in elementary school then.

He threw an interception AND had a fumble...  In the span of what, 5 plays?  I don't care if it's garbage time or not, those turnovers were a direct result of him having happy feet; he seems to run at the drop of a hat (even quicker than Flutie did) and that exposes the ball.  That has nothing to do with "garbage time."  Shane Matthews played some in garbage time and he went 2/3 and had a TD (and no turnovers).

I'm not calling him a bust, I'm not bashing him, I'm just saying that based on the mop-up duty he had, as well as preseason, you have blinders on if you don't have any concerns about him.

CW

243133[/snapback]

That Brett Favre looked real good mopping up for Atlanta, didnt he?

MOP UP DUTY, Fez......MOP UP.

It is good we have a few fans here who are REAL SUPPORTERS of the Bills! Some say they are not bashing him; calling him RJ, blaming him for getting hurt, or judging and questioning his talent after throwing FIVE passing is not predicting gloom then what is? Some moron bought up him throwing int at a %20 rate after throwing only 5 passes. So if you kid truns 16 gets his license, drives out 5 times and gets in a fneder bender do you expect them to have a wreck at a %20 rate for the rest of their life?

It is bad enough when other fans doubt us but it is a CRIME when our own fans doubt us, especially when we have a young QB with talent and potential and not given him or us a chance to play before predicting gloom. What happens when he throws his first int; God knows if he plays well for 4-5 games and then gets hurt and all those bashers would come out and say I TOLD YOU SO or PJ=RJ. Like I said earlier: JUMP OFF THE SHIP NOW!

It is good we have a few fans here who are REAL SUPPORTERS of the Bills! Some say they are not bashing him; calling him RJ, blaming him for getting hurt, or judging and questioning his talent after throwing FIVE passing is not predicting gloom then what is? Some moron bought up him throwing int at a %20 rate after throwing only 5 passes. So if you kid truns 16 gets his license, drives out 5 times and gets in a fneder bender do you expect them to have a wreck at a %20 rate for the rest of their life?

It is bad enough when other fans doubt us but it is a CRIME when our own fans doubt us, especially when we have a young QB with talent and potential and not given him or us a chance to play before predicting gloom. What happens when he throws his first int; God knows if he plays well for 4-5 games and then gets hurt and all those bashers would come out and say I TOLD YOU SO or PJ=RJ. Like I said earlier: JUMP OFF THE SHIP NOW!

243282[/snapback]

So were you one to bash Drew? I am betting you are but it isn't okay to use FACTS when discussing JP. I see. And who is the moron here again?