12-28: Rex Ryan's Monday Presser

26CornerBlitz

Rex Ryan: "I Thought the Effort Was Outstanding" (22:28)

The Bills head coach talks about Tyrod Taylor's contributions in the running game, playing spoiler against the Jets, and the injuries from Sunday's game against the Cowboys.

@JaySkurski

Rex Ryan starts his Monday press conference by describing Tyrod Taylor's performance as "gritty." #Bills

Ryan says Marcus Easley has suffered a "major, major" knee injury. He dislocated his kneecap and suffered a fracture in three spots. #Bills

Ryan says that Easley will be able to continue his professional career. #Bills

Ryan says Charles Clay will not play against the Jets. The team isn't ruling LeSean McCoy out yet. #Bills

Marcell Dareus had a pinched nerve in his neck, but the team is hopeful he'll be able to play against the #Jets.

Ryan says Bacarri Rambo is playing through shoulder and knee injuries. Calls him a "tough cat."

Ryan says that Marcell Dareus has regained feeling in his fingers. He says Dareus told him he's going to play against the #Jets. #Bills

@ChrisBrownBills

Rex - hoping Darby can be back this week knowing Jets go 4- wide as dominant offensive formation. "Be nice to have 4 corners." #Bills

@MatthewFairburn

Rex Ryan says he needs to talk to Tyrod Taylor about protecting himself when he chooses to run with the ball.

@ChrisBrownBills

Rex - we've fallen short in a lot of areas, but the way we've run the ball has exceeded even what we thought we could do. #Bills

@JaySkurski

Rex says that Mike Gillislee has shown that he can contribute next season. #Bills

@JoeBuscaglia

#Bills HC Rex Ryan: The Jets are a complete football team. No surprise with the record that they have.

#Bills HC Rex Ryan: The spoiler role? Who knows. To us, just getting a win over a good football game, is big.

@ChrisBrownBills

Rex - playing coy with significance a win to knock Jets from playoffs would have for him. - we'll try our best to win this game. #Bills

@buffalobills

On #NYJvsBUF: "It's about getting a win. I don't care if we're playing East Carolina, you want to get a win period."

CXVPTfTUwAAhNbU.jpg

@SalSports

On AJ Tarpley: "I love the way the kid plays. Wish he had a bigger NFL body, but that's what offseason is for. But he's a football player."

@JaySkurski

Rex says there's a "little more comfort level," with Jordan Mills at right tackle, which is why Cyrus Kouandjio isn't playing there. #Bills

Rex Ryan says it's a relief for him to be playing at 1 p.m., as opposed to next week's game being flexed to Sunday Night Football.

Ryan says he "loves" where John Miller is, and has played "really well." Says Miller is continually tweaking his injury each time he plays.

Ryan says it's "killing" Dan Carpenter that he's missed five extra points this season. #Bills

@JoeBuscaglia

#Bills HC Rex Ryan: I scratched my head a little bit about Bill Polian calling the OL old and unathletic.

@SalSports

Rex on Polian: "I think if he had the benefit of being around the OL as I have, I think he'd see this group is pretty athletic."

@JaySkurski

Ryan says it's likely that Jonathan Meeks will play in place of Bacarri Rambo this week. #Bills

Ryan says he's texted a few times with Percy Harvin since the WR went on injured reserve. He gets the sense Harvin wants to keep playing.

@TyDunne

New at the BN Blog: Highlights from Rex Ryan's Monday presser. On Taylor, Carpenter, the O-Line... http://bills.buffalonews.com/2015/12/28/rex-ryan/