Can't have it both ways: Down on Bills/NFC East...

OCinBuffalo

Well, if we feel that the Bills are better than our record shows, then it stands to reason, so too could Philly and Washington be better than their records.

Bills have played unevenly all year. I think they are more talented but there's more factors to what determines game outcomes than just that.

Of course. But I was speaking in his context: Bills in a vacuum. Just fighting stupid with gasoline. :lol:

Yes. Please google Rodak Mike ESPN. Read his latest account. You can clearly see the beginnings of what is sure to be a hilarious contortion. I assume his head will nearing his ass, if not already engaged, by Wednesday, latest. Other than that, as I said in the OP, I observed the same set of people saying 2 mutually exclusive things yesterday. More links are sure to come. In fact, I expect a whole bunch of hilarious material to play with very soon: which is why I started the damn thread.

Speaking of Pats* ballwashers, WEO shows up! :lol: (Sometimes, it's like I'm writing a script around here) How about 5-11 for the Bills this season? Should we go against Prisco on that one? Would you like to lay $ on that? :lol: As I said above: this is about math, not emotion. What should we call bringing up the Pats...out of nowhere...when we are talking about Prisco's, at the very least, untoward, picks against the Bills over the last 5 years?

I don't know. Not dissonance, perhaps: compulsion? Is there a name for compulsive ball washing, be they Bill_in_NYC's balls or Brady's? Speaking of that, how did he do yesterday?

You brought up the pats... and Prisco... and his picks. Just answer the question--if he picked the pats every week, would you have bet against him?

When you say "more links to come", whare are the links you have supplied so far to justify this thread.

Also, what do these posts look like before you edit them?

at the same time.

All I've heard today was how badly the NFC East sucks this year. Now, since we play none other than the NFC East, the next 3 games in a row, it stands to reason that the media et al should be telling us that we will breeze through. Yet, no...our playoff chances are "fading away".

These 2 things cannot be happening at the same time. No. Either the NFC East sucks, and thus the Bills have an easy schedule going forward, or, the Bills playoff chances are fading away...which indicates that one or more of the otherwise sucky/can't beat anybody/can't play defense, NFC East teams is going to beat us.

Well, we could apply the same "unless it's Buffalo" conditional rules that the refs have been applying the last 3 weeks. (It's hilarious to watch Red Zone after the Bills game, and see the same calls that go against us, be called the other way "obviously"). In that case, I suppose one could say that, "The NFC East sucks...unless they are playing Buffalo". :lol:

Anobody wanna bet that this silly rationale is used each of the next 3 weeks? :lol:

Finally, let us have some fun, and see how many times Pete Prisco(Jet Fan, and Pats* ballwasher...because his Jets can't beat them) picks the Bills to win, straight up or ATS the next 3 weeks. :lol: I'm setting the O/U on that at 1.

We need 4 wins for any chance at the playoffs. I don't care bad they have been playing, these next two games are critical and will be very difficult.

The losses at Jacksonville and at KC are killing this team. They need to find a way to get to 9-6 and make that last game against the jets count for something.

We also need to cheer against KC, Pittsburgh and the jets down the stretch. KC appears to have a easy schedule. It will be very difficult to make the playoffs and next to impossible at 9-7, it's just that simple.

Of course. But I was speaking in his context: Bills in a vacuum. Just fighting stupid with gasoline. :lol:

Yes. Please google Rodak Mike ESPN. Read his latest account. You can clearly see the beginnings of what is sure to be a hilarious contortion. I assume his head will nearing his ass, if not already engaged, by Wednesday, latest. Other than that, as I said in the OP, I observed the same set of people saying 2 mutually exclusive things yesterday. More links are sure to come. In fact, I expect a whole bunch of hilarious material to play with very soon: which is why I started the damn thread.

Speaking of Pats* ballwashers, WEO shows up! :lol: (Sometimes, it's like I'm writing a script around here) How about 5-11 for the Bills this season? Should we go against Prisco on that one? Would you like to lay $ on that? :lol: As I said above: this is about math, not emotion. What should we call bringing up the Pats...out of nowhere...when we are talking about Prisco's, at the very least, untoward, picks against the Bills over the last 5 years?

I don't know. Not dissonance, perhaps: compulsion? Is there a name for compulsive ball washing, be they Bill_in_NYC's balls or Brady's? Speaking of that, how did he do yesterday?

This is about math, not emotion.

How did Brady do yesterday?

lol, OC never change.

football outsider ranks us better than every team in the NFC East - their rankings are heavily influenced by stength of opponent so it helps account for the fact that the AFC is much stronger than the NFC this year.

As of last week (they update tomorrow after MNF) we have:

11 Buffalo

15 Washington

17 NYG

24 Philadelphia

29 Dallas

Unfortunately the Chiefs, Steelers, and Jets are all above us.

I think Washington is close enough in ranking to us that with home field advantage they can legitimately expect to be the favorite. We should be expected to beat the Eagles, even on the road, and certainly the Cowboys.