Expect offensive help in free agency...

Tipster19

If the Bills do make JP the starter, which there seems to be no reason to think that they won't, then look for the offense to get an instant adjustment with proven veterans to help insulate JP's transition. From the o-line(good-bye JJ) to TEs to even another solid receiver for the slot. PK should be higher up on the priority list than ever before but this could may even happen in the draft. With comfortable room in the salary cap could the likes of a Walter Jones be on the radar? Or maybe some of those offensive linemen out of GB. I hate to say it but if Farve was to retire that could benefit Buffalo. If Brett is gone then you'll see some of those veterans fly out of there. TEs will become all the more important with a young, inexperienced QB. Pollard or, God willing, Franks would look good in a Buffalo uniform. Also, I would love us to get Rod Gardner for a 3rd receiver. That would be a three headed monster! On defense Buffalo is pretty solid. There doesn't seem to be a weakness or an urgent need on this side of the ball. The Bills do have some luxury in regards to time here. That's why I believe that they'll draft more defensive players early in the draft for depth and for developing for the future.

It's very exciting trying to anticipate what TD will do. The specific players mentioned above may not be accurate but I do think this basic outline is pretty realistic. Could anybody else elaborate on this train of thought? It would be very interesting to hear other comments and opinions on the future direction and make-up of this team for the 2005 season.