The Miami Miracle

/dev/null

I hate it more every week! If somehow they actually did get them right, I could live with it. They don't - and it seems every time I flip a channel to a football game, there is a conference going on (unless they're in a commercial because a conference is going on)

Of course they don't, because you can't effectively break down humans moving at fast speeds and colliding with each other into hundreds of a second. It's an absurd premise. And then factor in that half the time there are six guys in the way of what you're trying to look at and then factor in that the whole system is still reliant on humans interpreting what they see --- which is exactly what instant replay is trying to avoid.

The tinier the fractions of a second you are attempting to analyze against some idiotic 'maintain possession to the ground' standard, the more capricious the analysis and results become.

Not to mention making the already bad problem of game flow (thanks to TV) even worse. You forgot how bad that is until you go to a game live.