Patriots OL Rotations

johnwalter

There is a thin line between cheating and innovation. This guy consistently and constantly pushes the envelope.

He is a true trail-blazer and a typical American.

USA! USA! USA! Is filled with great minds.

I am proud to be a part of this Country.

Imo

The line rotations really aren't that big of a deal. At the end of the day, the average time passed between snap and throw versus Buffalo was 1.67 seconds. That is beyond fast. Barring an "ole" block of a bullfighter allowing our defensive guys to get to lady Brady, it's not going to happen. I would attribute less success of their line to the players themselves and more to Brady.

I agree Brady is a big part of the success they have, but there is more to it. I was watching how helpless the defense was because of the presnap shifts. Usually the QB will send guys in motion and then wait for them to get set before starting the audible. With the system they are running, they simply are not using an audible. The very second that the guys in motion set, the ball is coming out, leaving the defense with no chance whatsoever to read the offense. This is why they had the mighty Bills defense backpedaling the whole game.

The good news is Buffalo is doing a lot of the same types of presnap movement to throw defenses off. It's showing immediate results too. In fact some of the things NE does, they borrowed from Greg Roman's SF offenses. Buffalo has a lot more talent but they are just learning. It's going to be interesting to see how it plays out later in the season to see if Buffalo can catch up.

So smart, and yet they still cheat. That's what infuriates me.

They must be cheating by doing just that!

But really, whether effective or not , it is interesting.

How do you scout that stuff?

Tendencies dont matter when you switch uo so often.

The way to defeat that is to play fundamentals and execute.

When a defense looks for the player weakness, it disappears next play! Because its not the same player!

How big is the Pats roster anyways. do they get like 60 dressed to pull this malarkey off?

geebus i loathe and despise them.

There is a thin line between cheating and innovation. This guy consistently and constantly pushes the envelope.

He is a true trail-blazer and a typical American.

USA! USA! USA! Is filled with great minds.

I am proud to be a part of this Country.

Imo

your ancestors probably shot all the Buffalo from a train for fun too. and never retrieved the meat and pelts.

J/k bud : )