(OT) Any Sonny Chiba fans in here?

Rico

Ever since I saw him in Kill Bill Vol. 1 (Honzo, the sword-maker),

I've been renting & buying his 70's Kung Fu flicks...

Just finished watching Killing Machine, & the Chib-ster kicked mucho butt,

what a bad-ass!

In his prime, I say he would've kicked any other action star's butt in except for Bruce Lee. :rolleyes:

Absolutely. Ive seen a few of his films up here in little Asia, or Toronto, by its more popular name. Im not even trying to be sarcastic...I love the fact that its so multi-cultured, but its true :rolleyes:

Anyways, I remember watching couple of the movies at Kung Fu film fridays... Damn good stuff. Speaking of which, if your generally a fan of martial arts movies, go watch Ong-Bak. Its a Thai movie that just came to theatres yesterday (that I actually bought on "imported" DVD). The stunts are ridiculously remarkable -- imagine a more raw, violent version of Jackie Chan (the police story one, not the hollywood sellout), and you have a great movie.

Anyways, Im a huge fan of martial arts movies and asian culture in general... Im actually considering taking mandarin starting next year. Kinda fun and sad at the same time...

Absolutely.  Ive seen a few of his films up here in little Asia, or Toronto, by its more popular name.  Im not even trying to be sarcastic...I love the fact that its so multi-cultured, but its true  0:)

Anyways, I remember watching  couple of the movies at Kung Fu film fridays...  Damn good stuff.  Speaking of which, if your generally a fan of martial arts movies, go watch Ong-Bak.  Its a Thai movie that just came to theatres yesterday (that I actually bought on "imported" DVD).  The stunts are ridiculously remarkable -- imagine a more raw, violent version of Jackie Chan (the police story one, not the hollywood sellout), and you have a great movie.

Anyways, Im a huge fan of martial arts movies and asian culture in general...  Im actually considering taking mandarin starting next year.  Kinda fun and sad at the same time...

237779[/snapback]

Thanks, have to check Ong-Bak out! :rolleyes:

Just got New Police Story awhile ago, haven't watched it yet.