Pace to be tagged AGAIN!

JP-era

GHEEZ, talk about ridiculous.

Cross that guy off our list of possiblilities. Ohh well.

Rams | Pace to be Franchise Tagged - from www.KFFL.com

Fri, 11 Feb 2005 14:24:44 -0800

ESPN.com's John Clayton reports the St. Louis Rams have informed OT Orlando Pace that he will be tagged as their "franchise" player for the third consecutive season. Pace is still in the process of searching for a new agent after firing Carl Poston during the 2004 season. He was scheduled to become an unrestricted free agent.

GHEEZ, talk about ridiculous.

Cross that guy off our list of possiblilities. Ohh well.

Rams | Pace to be Franchise Tagged - from www.KFFL.com

Fri, 11 Feb 2005 14:24:44 -0800

ESPN.com's John Clayton reports the St. Louis Rams have informed OT Orlando Pace that he will be tagged as their "franchise" player for the third consecutive season. Pace is still in the process of searching for a new agent after firing Carl Poston during the 2004 season. He was scheduled to become an unrestricted free agent.

236341[/snapback]

and the Seahawks will likely franchise Walter Jones for the 4th straight year which may mean that Jonas Jennings will end up the best LT available and why many, including yours truely, feel it best to re-sign him.

and the Seahawks will likely franchise Walter Jones for the 4th straight year which may mean that Jonas Jennings will end up the best LT available and why many, including yours truely, feel it best to re-sign him.

236442[/snapback]

If Jennings is the best LT available, I gotta believe he'll command more money than we're willing to pay. My guess is he ain't a Bill next year.

236442[/snapback]

I would guess the only way Jennings comes back next year is if he is also franchised. The question is, is he worth that much money for one year?

I would guess the only way Jennings comes back next year is if he is also franchised.  The question is, is he worth that much money for one year?

236608[/snapback]

I believe franchising Jennings guarantees him around $8 mil, which he's surely not worth. I'd much prefer to tag big Pat, if anyone.

I would guess the only way Jennings comes back next year is if he is also franchised. The question is, is he worth that much money for one year?

Jennings isn't worth the franchise tag but if I'm the Bills he's my top priority in free agency. One would hope he can be retained for $3.5-$4.4 million per season which is the range of guys like Luke Petitgout, Marvel Smith and Flozell Adams got when they all re-signed with their orginal teams. The only sticking point might be the signing bonus. Though Donahoe has been successful with tiered bonuses in the past maybe he can do the same with Jennings.

Over Hassleback?

236604[/snapback]

Matt Hasselbeck is a good QB but Jones is a great, if not the best in the NFL, LT. The choice is simple. Not to mention I always think you shore up your lines over other positions first.