I still say the best way to fix this O Line

Keep Jonas Jennings (now I change that answer if he wants Pace money) and instead of going out and paying extra for another name LT go out and put bucks INTO THE LEFT GUARD AND TIGHT END POSITION

Jonas Jennings - Yeah he gets hurt....that is why you resgin M. Price...when he is healthy I have seen him shut down the top pass rushers in the league

Left Guard - Instead of trying to fit Tucker in their for his run blocking and L. Smith for his pass blocking....go out and get somebody that does both. A Villy equivant

Center....let Teague and Tucker fight it out....they both have been playing the position well

Right Guard....Villyman is holding it down

Mike Williams.....this guy needs a littl mini me chaperoning him everywhere and not letting him pig out.....come into camp in shape Big Mike

That is a good line.....

Now go out and get a quality Tight ENd that is just as good at run blocking as he is at pass blocking.....spend the extra money and sign Bubba Franks. Give our young signal caller a dependable big target to go along with his 1 and 1a receivers

Keep Jonas Jennings (now I change that answer if he wants Pace money) and instead of going out and paying extra for another name LT go out and put bucks INTO THE LEFT GUARD AND TIGHT END POSITION

Jonas Jennings - Yeah he gets hurt....that is why you resgin M. Price...when he is healthy I have seen him shut down the top pass rushers in the league

Left Guard - Instead of trying to fit Tucker in their for his run blocking and L. Smith for his pass blocking....go out and get somebody that does both.  A Villy equivant

Center....let Teague and Tucker fight it out....they both have been playing the position well

Right Guard....Villyman is holding it down

Mike Williams.....this guy needs a littl mini me chaperoning him everywhere and not letting him pig out.....come into camp in shape Big Mike

That is a good line.....

Now go out and get a quality Tight ENd that is just as good at run blocking as he is at pass blocking.....spend the extra money and sign Bubba Franks.  Give our young signal caller a dependable big target to go along with his 1 and 1a receivers

235055[/snapback]

On LG and TE I'm onboard 100%. Our biggest need is a second quality TE, and that's if Campbell comes back 100%. Otherwise we're basically looking at a full restock on the talent we've got at the position, and FA is where that rebuilding would have to start.

The good news at the OG spot is that our personnel guys have already hit a home run at the position in FA. Most personell teams have their strengths and the will get some positions right over and over- if they do the same at LG as they did at the other side last season we'll be well on our way to playing the power rush offense the balance of our talent is better suited to, except as noted above at TE.

On Jonas, while he's a superior pass blocker I hate how tall he plays in the run game. I realize it has a lot to do with his build but he simply carries too high a center of gravity on the move to be the right fit for us in the same power running scheme we should be building for. He'll get mucho pay for that beautiful pass pro slide, and that's the kind of money we don't need to spend on a LT who is a liability in the run game based on the offense we need to play.

Price plays very good for stretches and then looks like Jamie Nails for a game. I can't figure him out- I assume it's a head thing with him and that doesn't make me comfortable with him topping the Depth Chart at LT. Funny thing is I didn't feel that way at all entering the '04 campaign, but he was one of the big dissapointments for me this past season, a fan who had a lot of hope he'd finally emerge into a full time NFL lineman instead of a #2. He played '04 like a the perpetual #2 he's been in his career.

But the key question is that even if we restructure our way to more cap money, given that MW has a cap hit in 2005 of a hair short of $6 million and unless the marjet allows TD to resign JJ for less money than lesser talents have gotten at LT (Clifton and Petitgout avging about $5 million annually in salary do you see the Bills devoting even more scratch to the OL when the two tackles have a combined salary of $11 million of our $84 million cap for the entire team. Its hard for me to see us going above the current salaries for the rest of the OL smf vertainly not to devote another $3 million in cap hit to the OL to purchase an LG at the Villarial rate.

Certainly MW has not produced at the level of a top 10 OL player but there has not been even a peep about restructuring MWs deal to a lower level and given that he has turned things around and will aspire to be a a far better player and to deserve top 10 accolades, I would be quite reluctant if I were him to take less money than we agreed to in our original deal and there is bi discussion of this that I have heard anyway.

So we'd all love to see an upgrade of the OL, but I don't see this happening through us buying more talent at LG if we resign JJ and he gets anywhere near the past going rate for an LT.

Certainly MW has not produced at the level of a top 10 OL player but there has not been even a peep about restructuring MWs deal to a lower level and given that he has turned things around and will aspire to be a a far better player and to deserve top 10 accolades, I would be quite reluctant if I were him to take less money than we agreed to in our original deal and there is bi discussion of this that I have heard anyway.

235217[/snapback]

TD is talking to MW about restructuring..

http://www.stadiumwall.com/index.php?showt...37entry221237