Seems Vick is the problem

VABills

Lol. I'm not comparing the guy to anyone right now. It's way to early to tell what he's going to do.

But, he consistantly gets his team to the playoffs. That's more than can be said for Daunte Culpepper at this point in his career.

234194[/snapback]

To be fair, the Vikes need a more consistent running game. Relying on your QB all the time to win games, will result in losing more games than you should otherwise.

Not bashing ya, but Vick is one of the most, if not the most, sacked QB's these days.  :lol:

Or did I miss a touch of sarcasm in your reply?

234207[/snapback]

Yes he is. He also fumbles the most by a lot of any player in the league. He also had, one of the lowest, if not the lowest completion percentage of any QB in the league.

All this and the guy still somehow led his team to the NFC Championship game...

Yes, he was sacked more and had the lowest completion percentage in the game. He also ran for nearly 1000 yards and helped support the best running game in the league.

If they want the guy to run then he's going to get hit behind the line sometimes.

That being said, I did see Vick make some piss poor decisions at times this season. ie throwing the ball off his back foot like he's trying to make a basketball pass. But, seeing he's 24 and this is the second offense he's played in for the two years he's been starting I'd say he's doing pretty well.

I have confidence that the guy is only going to get better in the pocket.

All this and the guy still somehow led his team to the NFC Championship game...

Yes, he was sacked more and had the lowest completion percentage in the game. He also ran for nearly 1000 yards and helped support the best running game in the league.

If they want the guy to run then he's going to get hit behind the line sometimes.

That being said, I did see Vick make some piss poor decisions at times this season. ie throwing the ball off his back foot like he's trying to make a basketball pass. But, seeing he's 24 and this is the second offense he's played in for the two years he's been starting I'd say he's doing pretty well.

I have confidence that the guy is only going to get better in the pocket.

234332[/snapback]

He maybe only 24 but he has been in the league for 4 years. Yet he continues to make very basic rookie year preseason type mistakes. He may be a great athlete, but he is incapable of learning it seems.

He maybe only 24 but he has been in the league for 4 years.  Yet he continues to make very basic rookie year preseason type mistakes.  He may be a great athlete, but he is incapable of learning it seems.

234334[/snapback]

I'd hardly say that was fair considering the fact that he missed most of the season last year and had a new offense installed this year. He played under Dan Reeves system/tutilage for 3 years and had to learn a totally new one under Mora this year.

What are the Falcons going to do, they've had more success with Vick under center than they did over the previous 15 years. The sell out the Georgia dome regularly because of Vick and his skills. The only QB's I'd take over him at this moment would be Culpepper, Peyton, Brady and McNabb.

I'd hardly say that was fair considering the fact that he missed most of the season last year and had a new offense installed this year. He played under Dan Reeves system/tutilage for 3 years and had to learn a totally new one under Mora this year.

What are the Falcons going to do, they've had more success with Vick under center than they did over the previous 15 years. The sell out the Georgia dome regularly because of Vick and his skills. The only QB's I'd take over him at this moment would be Culpepper, Peyton, Brady and McNabb.

234342[/snapback]

Personally I would take those guys, plus, Green, Delhomme, Brees, Harrington, Leftwich, Pennington, Griese, Rothesberger (sp??), Carr, Warner, Volek, Collins, Hasselbeck, and probably a few others. The point is, he is a damn good athlete, but in 4 years he has shown no improvement in his QB skills. As far as his injury, he went through camp, Preseason, etc... and played at the end of the year so it wasn;t lost.

As far as Qb coaching goes Reeves is a good one to learn from.

Green, Delhomme, Brees, Harrington, Leftwich, Pennington, Griese, Rothesberger (sp??), Carr, Warner, Volek, Collins, Hasselbeck, and probably a few others.

234349[/snapback]

Warner, Carr, Volek, Collins, Hasselbeck, Griese, Harrington????

Hey everyone has an opinion, but I'm glad you aren't running my franchise. :lol:

Warner, Carr, Volek, Collins, Hasselbeck, Griese, Harrington????

Hey everyone has an opinion, but I'm glad you aren't running my franchise.  :lol:

234356[/snapback]

I forgot Favre and Bulger also.

Actually Brooks is someone who is similar to Vick. He seemed to have regressed some this year and at times looked to run or make things happen himself. But IMHO I believe Brooks maybe a better and more long term coachable QB.

And to be honest I see too much of the Vick mentality in Losman which scares the crap out of me with him. Because he isn't half the athlete that Vick is.

I have said it before and I'll say it again...Vick is the second coming of Randall Cunningham and will never win a thing.  11-5 in the NFC?? Terriffic.  We would have been at worst 11-5 in the NFC.

233799[/snapback]

I'm depressed that 11-5 was good enough for second seed in the NFC. Meanwhile, 14-2 got you second seed in the AFC.