OT - first date

mead107

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I met my wife on a Thanksgiving Day. All the rookies put in for the day off to annoy the old, crazy roll call cop who used to call us obscenities because we were rookies. He weighed close to 300 lbs. I later grew to love and miss that man, but that is another story.

I wound up in Bellevue Hospital with a female prisoner who shot a NYC Corrections Officer on W43rd St. From what I could gather, she did not like him, and when arrested, stated that she was 'sick"  and desired medical attention, thus the trip to Bellevue. My wife lived in a NYC Housing Project across 1st Ave. She was in the hospital because her best friend suffered a serious cut and she accompanied her to the ER.

I saw her talking on a pay phone. She was a 5'9", 125 lb Puerto Rican (btw, she has not gained a pound  :lol: ). I was of course staring at her and she smiled, and unzipped her coat to reveal a drop dead body. To this day, she denies unzipping her jacket, but it happened. she wont even admit it to our best friends, but she is lying.

I could not leave my prisoner, so I asked the security guard to tell her that I wanted to talk to her. He asked why he should bring HER to ME, and I told him to just go ahead, and I would owe him a favor.

15 minutes later, she sat down with me and the prisoner. I got her telephone number, and called her 4 days later.

That was 21 years and 3 daughters ago.

233928[/snapback]

What the hell is wrong with obese sergeants who swear at rookies????

I met my wife on a Thanksgiving Day. All the rookies put in for the day off to annoy the old, crazy roll call cop who used to call us obscenities because we were rookies. He weighed close to 300 lbs. I later grew to love and miss that man, but that is another story.

I wound up in Bellevue Hospital with a female prisoner who shot a NYC Corrections Officer on W43rd St. From what I could gather, she did not like him, and when arrested, stated that she was 'sick"  and desired medical attention, thus the trip to Bellevue. My wife lived in a NYC Housing Project across 1st Ave. She was in the hospital because her best friend suffered a serious cut and she accompanied her to the ER.

I saw her talking on a pay phone. She was a 5'9", 125 lb Puerto Rican (btw, she has not gained a pound  :lol: ). I was of course staring at her and she smiled, and unzipped her coat to reveal a drop dead body. To this day, she denies unzipping her jacket, but it happened. she wont even admit it to our best friends, but she is lying.

I could not leave my prisoner, so I asked the security guard to tell her that I wanted to talk to her. He asked why he should bring HER to ME, and I told him to just go ahead, and I would owe him a favor.

15 minutes later, she sat down with me and the prisoner. I got her telephone number, and called her 4 days later.

That was 21 years and 3 daughters ago.

233928[/snapback]

Go to the head of the class. Nobody is going to top that...

What are you going to do when the kids ask how mom and dad met? :lol:

I met my wife at a mini mart.

She "trained" me.

When i found out that (at the time) she enjoyed a nice spliff or two, it was love at first sight. Now we have a beautiful little girl.

Been together nearly 10 years now. Who says marijuana's bad for you? :lol:

233917[/snapback]

Did you share this story with Mr. Henry? Perhaps he was hoping to follow in your footsteps when he scored a young lady friend at the mimi mart after filling up with gas.

OH yes, the meeting of the Desert Fox and the Cinderella Miss.

Several conversations on the CB(pre internet) and we decided that it was time for us to meet in person. He worked the second shift and got off at 11 pm I was tending bar and got off at 1 am so there was a 24 hour coffee shop.

It's so funny what first impressions make. There he was leather jacket big sideburns and I thought he was a HOOD. There I was 22 yrs old short dress cut down to there and he thought I was a HOOKER. That was Dec of 1976 he proposed June 7th of 1977 and we were married on Oct 1st '77. I didn't even know him a year but I was extremely fortunate to have been married to him for 23 years until GOD decided to take him back.

Now I'm dating a wonderful man. Steelers Fan(so he isn't perfect) and we met on the internet(the modern CB). Some things never change.