available DE's

JP-era

Courtney Brown may become available from the Browns

I think that he has just had some bad luck there. It seams as if nearly everyone there under Butch Davis would have some injury or another.

I think a fresh start with a new team would do him good plus he might not cost much

233406[/snapback]

andre wadsworth II

he can't say on the field (4 straight years ending the season on IR), and even when he does he isn't all that good........knee (with micro-fracture surgery), torn tricep, and now with the foot -- this guy always has something wrong with him........he's garbage........

How about this trade???  Provided Indy can't resign the Edge, how about we ship out Travis and this years 2nd, maybe a conditional pick from 06 for Dwight Freeney???  I was amazed at his ability to abuse The Ravens Jonathan Ogden.  He was beating their double teams left and right.

233384[/snapback]

The Bills aren't getting enough bang for the buck with this deal. The Colts would have to throw in Dallas Clark AND Reggie Wayne. <_<

How folks cannot consider a quality Tight End a priority at this point is beyond me.

233392[/snapback]

I think TE is going to be a big priority for TD this year. We run a lot of double TE sets and both of our starting TEs, who did show some upside this year, were knocked out late in the season with knee injuries. I believe both of them had surgery.

We cannot be sure that either one will be 100% for the preseason much less the 1st game. Therefore a FA TE acquisition is a definite possibility. I wouldn't mind seeing Bubba Franks in a Bills uniform.

An excellent TE who can block and catch the dump off passes would be a great way to bolster our OL. If we can sign a good FA TE and bolster the left side of the line with a couple of good FA pick ups, we will have dramatically improved this team.

TE and OL are the top priorities for free agency. Depth in other positions will come from the draft.

I think TE is going to be a big priority for TD this year. We run a lot of double TE sets and both of our starting TEs, who did show some upside this year, were knocked out late in the season with knee injuries. I believe both of them had surgery.

We cannot be sure that either one will be 100% for the preseason much less the 1st game.

233675[/snapback]

We'll be fortunate if even one of them is as productive as we want them to be next year. The experience has been that when a player goes down with an ACL tear that he can heal and come back the next season, but it is reasonable to figure another full year before that player resumes his level of play that he showed before he was hurt.

A better athlete like an Edgerrin James ended up on this timeline and a better athlete with a far more serious injury like WM was gone for a full year. I expect to count ourselves lucky if even one of these lesser players is able to contribute to the team half way through the '05 season. We need to go into this off-season assuming that our TEs are Ryan Neufeld, Rob Trafford and Jason Peters are our TEs for '05. We need a starter and to hope one of these back-up level players develops or one of the injured players is not hurt so badly he can recover.