OT Now that Football is over

T-Bone

Some Pats fan you are.  :lol: 12 hours after they win the SB for the 3rd time in 4 years and you want to talk baseball. 

How about Pats trolls disappear and Bills fans talk about F/A and the draft instead?

230995[/snapback]

A true sign of a bandwagon fan.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

As a recovering Phillie fan, let me tell you this thing: Don't bank on Millwood.

Fat boys rarely get into shape in time.

231096[/snapback]

No, Philly just needed some real coaches. It'll be interesting to see what the Phils do post Bowa.

The Indians have done the opposite of the Yankees, investing every spare dime they have into player development and their farm system.

Three of the Tribe's farm clubs (your own Buffalo Bisons, Mahoning Valley in the NY-Penn League and Kinston in the Carolina League) won league titles last season.

I saw Mahoning Valley play in person last season and they were making a closing rush just to get into the playoffs.

I believe that with a limited-budget team like the Tribe, this is the right way to go. Invest in your own players, don't do a whole lot in free agency, and grow your own talent. Since the Yankees haven't done that, I think they may be setting themselves up for a fall. The collapse in the playoffs against the Red Sox may have been the first sign of that.

George has overspent, and the farm system cupboard is bare. This is the exact opposite of what NY did in the early-90s that brought all those titles (ie, Jeter, Bernie Williams, Posada all home-grown), so I don't believe that the Yankees can win both ways, long-term. In the short term, NY will be a favorite, but it cannot last forever.

Mike

You are a bitter moron! Nice Don M pic.. talk about a winner!

How could you consider the SOX a fluke. They broke so many post season records! Do I think the SOX will repeat, not sure. .it will be real hard. But if there pitching comes together, then I would say they are playoff bound & who know!

Did somebody leave the door to the asylum open again?  :blink:

231048[/snapback]

It's definantely going to be interesting to see what Jhonny Peralta and Aaron Boone can put together. Your O is great. The problem last year was that bully. Rhodes helps as long as he can bounce back.

231128[/snapback]

86-88 victories will win the AL Central. The Tribe should be right in the thick of things.

Many here ask why Omar Vizquel was let go. The reason was because Peralta was the IL MVP. Aaron Boone will be interesting. If the bullpen holds up, this may be an Indian Summer.

Mike

86-88 victories will win the AL Central.  The Tribe should be right in the thick of things.

Many here ask why Omar Vizquel was let go.  The reason was because Peralta was the IL MVP.  Aaron Boone will be interesting.  If the bullpen holds up, this may be an Indian Summer.

Mike

231603[/snapback]

I agree.

And if CC Sabathia ever realizes his potential, he will greatly help their chances. I cannot believe he is only 24!!

No, Philly just needed some real coaches. It'll be interesting to see what the Phils do post Bowa.

231108[/snapback]

Phillies are a strange team....sometimes I watch them and they look strong, other times...forget it....nice stadium though, defiantely an upgrade from the Vet!

You are a bitter moron! Nice Don M pic.. talk about a winner!

How could you consider the SOX a fluke. They broke so many post season records! Do I think the SOX will repeat, not sure. .it will be real hard. But if there pitching comes together, then I would say they are playoff bound & who know!

231582[/snapback]

You and wwvince are the same person, aren't you? You've both certainly got the hysterical/shrill post thing down. I picture you guys screaming at your monitors when you go into "Defend-the-Red-Sox-at-all-costs" mode. Jesus, the tone of your posts makes my dog leave the room.

You and wwvince are the same person, aren't you? You've both certainly got the hysterical/shrill post thing down.  I picture you guys screaming at your monitors when you go into "Defend-the-Red-Sox-at-all-costs" mode.  Jesus, the tone of your posts makes my dog leave the room.

231619[/snapback]

:blink::P:P:lol::lol:

Top 3 in the AL East-

Yankees are much better as far as the starters and bullpen go. The offense will not have to be as good as last year but they will be anyways. Bullpen adds Felix Rodriguez, Mike Stanton and a healthy Steve Karsay while subtracting Felix Heredia. Johnson, Pavano & Wright should pitch deeper into games than El Duque, Lieber & Contreras did which will rest the bullpen a little bit.

Red Sox are not as good as last year as far as starting pitching goes. Matt Clement and David Wells replace Pedro and Derek Lowe. Wells could have his back go out at any time and Clement hands out walks like candy at Halloween. Renteria replaces Cabrera at short.

Baltimore should be improved at the plate but are still weak in pitching.

AL Central

I think it's going to be a two team race. Cleveland & Detroit. Tribe has a good, young team and added a couple of veterans. Detroit has done the same.

Before Spring Training even starts, I think the Yankees are the favorite in the AL East, Cleveland will win the Central and the Angels will win the West with Seattle improving and the Rangers & A's falling off. Boston & Baltimore will fight for the wild card spot.

In the NL, my top 2 in each division. Mets & Phillies in the East. Cardinals & Reds in the Central and San Francisco & San Diego in the West. Darkhorse: Pittsburgh. Also look for the Marlins to be in the hunt for a Wildcard spot. Falling off: Dodgers, & Astros. Slightly improved: Arizona. Best young team: Colorado.

World Series Champs: YANKEES