An embarassing question

Magic54

I'm kind of embarassed to have to ask this question, but I know this is the best place to do it.  Why did the Bills let Sam Gash go?

From what I understand, he was 'done'. Thats why the Saints cut him after the Bills,

From what I understand, he was 'done'.  Thats why the Saints cut him after the Bills,

229750[/snapback]

I guess I'm just surprised, because I thought he was still a punishing blocker for us in the 2003/2004 season. It didn't seem like he was on the verge of being finished as a football player. I guess being a fullback really takes its toll on the body, though, and he wasn't young.

He was still a devastating blocker Magic...the problem was he was not getting to the hole quick enough to be a consistently effective lead blocker. His quick burst was starting to fade and when holes are only there for a split second--that's not good...

Great guy, great leader, great player....just age starting to catch up.

if i recall correctly, gash left as a free agent and wasn't cut.......

either way, bills did just fine without him as shelton had a huge year and was a force.......much better lead blocker then sam at this stage........

if i recall correctly, gash left as a free agent and wasn't cut.......

either way, bills did just fine without him as shelton had a huge year and was a force.......much better lead blocker then sam at this stage........

229912[/snapback]

I believe you are correct d--but I think Sam had expressed interest in signing on for another year with the Bills and the offer, even at the vet minimum, was never made...