These aren't the old Bills!

What a transformation so far in this off season! The Pegulas really stepped up to the plate:

1) First team to sign a new coach and it was one wanted by many other teams. Not the usual we'll take whats left over.

2) Greg Roman signing as OC , a OC wanted by other teams.

3) Not falling for the blackmail of St Doug and then not giving Bill Polian a check to sit around and do "no heavy lifting.".

4) Proving to the team and the fans unlike Ralph (RIP) this team is playing to win now at whatever expense.

And this is just the beginning, we still have FA and whatever the draft brings. It's nice to see the Bills trending on Twitter and being relevant again. So far so good !

What a transformation so far in this off season! The Pegulas really stepped up to the plate:

1) First team to sign a new coach and it was one wanted by many other teams. Not the usual we'll take whats left over.

2) Greg Roman signing as OC , a OC wanted by other teams.

3) Not falling for the blackmail of St Doug and then not giving Bill Polian a check to sit around and do "no heavy lifting.".

4) Proving to the team and the fans unlike Ralph (RIP) this team is playing to win now at whatever expense.

And this is just the beginning, we still have FA and whatever the draft brings. It's nice to see the Bills trending on Twitter and being relevant again. So far so good !

#1 - Apparently no 2nd interviews except the Bills. Other teams wanting to evaluate other options.

#3 - Polian apparently said no thanks after Marrone and Orton left. It was not a case of Pegula saying no to Polian.

#4 - Pegula has not minded spending money on the Sabres either so money does not seem to be a issue with him. How that translates to wins remains to be seen with the Bills.

But my main reason for commenting was the Twitter reference. Maybe I'm just old, but I cannot see how "trending on Twitter" is a measure of any relevance other than a fleeting social media one. As soon as the Jets hire one, he will be trending on Twitter as well I suspect.

Edited by CodeMonkey

#1 - Apparently no 2nd interviews except the Bills. Other teams wanting to evaluate other options.

#3 - Polian apparently said no thanks after Marrone and Orton left. It was not a case of Pegula saying no to Polian.

#4 - Pegula has not minded spending money on the Sabres either so money does not seem to be a issue with him. How that translates to wins remains to be seen with the Bills.

But my main reason for commenting was the Twitter reference. Maybe I'm just old, but I cannot see how "trending on Twitter" is a measure of any relevance other than a fleeting social media one. As soon as the Jets hire one, he will be trending on Twitter as well I suspect.

With all respect, I'm 54 but understand the importance of social media and the national press. Rex signing didn't just trend on Twitter but hit every national sports show radio or television rather it was right or wrong. When they have hired the last few smucks they got a "same old Bills" reference and then laughed and moved to the next subject. I'm pry wrong but this bold move makes agents and players say, wtf they aren't moving to Toronto and they mean business. Hence the subject.