Good article-is this the strategy we use?

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2015/1/8/7507179/nfl-playoffs-seahawks-panthers-russell-wilson-cam-newton-marshawn-lynch#comments

It is the Pete Carroll, Seahawks strategy. As for the read option and QB scrambles, we were running it last year with EJ and Thad. Our rushing numbers display an interesting trend.

Games 1-5 2014 EJ @QB 153 yds/g,

Games 6-9 Thad 137 yds/g

Games 10-16 EJ 142 yds/g

Games 17-20 2015 EJ 122 yds/gm

Games 21-32 KO 83 yds/gm

I don't know about you, but I thought our offense at the beginning of last year, was when EJ was at his best. The Carolina, Baltimore and even the NE and Cle games.

As Carroll describes, big pass plays can come about as well.

My questions to you all. Is this a viable strategy for a team with uncertainty at the QB position?

I know and realize all the passing game and having a franchise QB talk that is out there. It is tough to come up with one and may be ideal.

However, you can't just punt because you don't have one of the top 7-10 QBS in football. Did the EJ injuries, and the emphasis away from the read option, cause us to stray from our best strategy?

Is it possible to make the offense work without someone like Russell Wilson using his intelligence about when to get out of bounds, and avoid the hits?

Is someone like Brett Hundley, who is likely available in round 2, and is a better runner than EJ, a good option to draft?

Or finally, do we continue in our search for a modern, franchise, throwing QB somehow?

I look forward to having a rational discussion with some you thinkers out there! :rolleyes:

well, unfortunately the "best option to win" couldn't scramble his way out of paper bag.

I expect EJ could at least be used to run some, maybe on goal line plays or 4th down QB sneaks.

I should have been more specific, not just talking about EJ. I mentioned Hundley.There are others who fit the bill. Since it is going to be tough to come up with a franchise QB, is this a viable strategy in the mean time.