JP on Outside the Lines

col_forbin

Did Rich Campbell, the 6th pick in the 1981 draft ever start a game for GB?  He was a 3rd stringer most of his career. 

I did some research on recent picks & the closest I came was Jim Druckenmiller, who started 1 game as a rookie for SF & never started again

223341[/snapback]

So what you're saying and az is agreeing with is that Drunk is better than JP since he at least started once as a rookie. :w00t:

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

And yeah, beating the Rams and Sehawks isn't really all that impressive when you have ST and a D as good as ours.

223352[/snapback]

You're too predictable.

Why not just ask, "How many games has DB won against winning teams that he has lost? Look, not a single one!!!!" That might make you feel even better.

:w00t:

CW

You're too predictable.

Why not just ask, "How many games has DB won against winning teams that he has lost?  Look, not a single one!!!!"  That might make you feel even better.

:w00t:

CW

223357[/snapback]

lol.....look, man........what makes me happy is the fact that as of 6:24pm Sunday January 30th, Drew Bledsoe is not the starting QB for the Buffalo Bills. As I said in an earlier post, all you guys do is defend the fact that Drew wasn't WHOLLY responsible for a given loss. You don't ever post about how he won this game or that, cause the fact is that he HASN'T. As far as I'm concerned, Drew is done here. And as far as I can tell, TD is starting to feel the same way.

lol.....look, man........what makes me happy is the fact that as of 6:24pm Sunday January 30th, Drew Bledsoe is not the starting QB for the Buffalo Bills. As I said in an earlier post, all you guys do is defend the fact that Drew wasn't WHOLLY responsible for a given loss. You don't ever post about how he won this game or that, cause the fact is that he HASN'T. As far as I'm concerned, Drew is done here. And as far as I can tell, TD is starting to feel the same way.

223359[/snapback]

I havn't read or heard anything from OBD to signify that Drew's going anywhere. The "open competition" thing is coach-speak; just like the "we need to execute better," everyone says it. Don't be surprised if DB does come back as the starter.

And as I've said before, if the coaches think JPL is playing better than DB in practice/camp and think he should start, then great. But what he's shown on the field has been "run first, run second, and pass as a last resort." If he can't fix that, we're much better off with DB.

CW

223359[/snapback]

TD can feel that way all he wants. But if old Ralph isn't convinced he may force his hand to keep Drew or get someone else. Ralphs statement about JP's lack of decision making was a direct hit. Ralph tends to speak the "reality" more than TD. Ralph said Drew played very good and implied JP isn't ready.

I havn't read or heard anything from OBD to signify that Drew's going anywhere.  The "open competition" thing is coach-speak; just like the "we need to execute better," everyone says it.  Don't be surprised if DB does come back as the starter.

And as I've said before, if the coaches think JPL is playing better than DB in practice/camp and think he should start, then great.  But what he's shown on the field has been "run first, run second, and pass as a last resort."  If he can't fix that, we're much better off with DB.

CW

223362[/snapback]

*sniff, sniff*........hmmmmm......I think I smell denial :w00t:

I havn't read or heard anything from OBD to signify that Drew's going anywhere.  The "open competition" thing is coach-speak; just like the "we need to execute better," everyone says it.  Don't be surprised if DB does come back as the starter.

And as I've said before, if the coaches think JPL is playing better than DB in practice/camp and think he should start, then great.  But what he's shown on the field has been "run first, run second, and pass as a last resort."  If he can't fix that, we're much better off with DB.

CW

223362[/snapback]

Actually it's run first, run second and either pass to a NE LBer or break a leg.

TD can feel that way all he wants.  But if old Ralph isn't convinced he may force his hand to keep Drew or get someone else.  Ralphs statement about JP's lack of decision making was a direct hit.  Ralph tends to speak the "reality" more than TD.  Ralph said Drew played very good and implied JP isn't ready.

223363[/snapback]

Talk about reading into a quote lol........Ralph said Drew has had a great career......and that there have been other guys brought in with strong arms, but were poor decision makers. It was not a statement about JP. If anything, he was saying he's not going to get too excited until he sees a strong-armed QB who can make good decisions. How you get anything out of that having to do with JP's intelligence is beyond me.

CW

223362[/snapback]

Do you know how many chances in a real game situation JP has had to play? ZERO. When you have a huge lead over an opponent and send in your third stringer, you are not going to be trying to score touchdowns. If we were, Drew would still have been in there.

We could compare every high pick QB to JP . Know what it equals ? Nothing. Each individual is unique to himself.

I fully expect the Bills to bring in another Vet QB to compete with or back up JP. I have zero desire to keep Bledsoe around, since he has proven to play small in big games, despite being a 12 year VET. He makes FAR too many negative plays.

If it's JP and Jay Fiedler or some other VET, I'm fine with that. Just no more Drew. He's had his chance. He's done in Buffalo.

So are you saying he's going to be cut before March 1st, like plenty of other people here have stated?

CW

223367[/snapback]

Oh, I have no clue.......I'd certainly perfer he be cut as opposed to being the back-up. But who knows how it will play out. Mort was taken to task about his report that Drew was asked to take a pay cut, and he said it was "fact". So who knows?

Do you know how many chances in a real game situation JP has had to play? ZERO. When you have a huge lead over an opponent and send in your third stringer, you are not going to be trying to score touchdowns. If we were, Drew would still have been in there.

223369[/snapback]

Why? If JP is so ready why isn't he playing? Is it because he isn't even better than Drew? Sure seems that way to me.

We could compare every high pick QB to JP . Know what it equals ? Nothing. Each individual is unique to himself.

I fully expect the Bills to bring in another Vet QB to compete with or back up JP. I have zero desire to keep Bledsoe around, since he has proven to play small in big games, despite being a 12 year VET. He makes FAR too many negative plays. 

If it's JP and Jay Fiedler or some other VET, I'm fine with that. Just no more Drew. He's had his chance. He's done in Buffalo.

223370[/snapback]

I agree......If TD doesn't bring in a capable vet with some sort of track record, I will be very nervous. There are no guarantees JP will succeed, so we can't waste the season if he falls on his face. We need someone as the #2 who do at least what Bledsoe can do.

Why?  If JP is so ready why isn't he playing?  Is it because he isn't even better than Drew?  Sure seems that way to me.

223372[/snapback]

Hell, even I wanted Drew to keep starting as long as we were still in playoff race. I'm on record as saying that several times. Drew should have stayed the starter until we were out of it, at which time JP should have been given the reigns.

The anti-Drew crowd has raised valid points about how Bledsoe was more often part of the problem than part of the solution. On the other hand, it's not clear that J.P. will be ready next year. He's missed too much practice time. There is only so much you can do watching film: you need to be out on the field actually throwing the ball to your receivers.

The player who gives this team the best chance to win is Kurt Warner. With him under center the Giants went 5-3; on pace for a better record than the Bills finished with. However, the Giants--with the same roster--went 1-7 to finish the year with Manning taking the snaps. Warner put together a QB rating ten points higher than Drew's; despite the fact that he had basically no time to get used to a new offense and a new team before he was benched, despite the fact that he didn't have an offensive line, and despite the fact the Giants don't exactly have the same weapons that Indy does. Warner had every excuse to fail, but he succeeded.

The anti-Drew crowd has raised valid points about how Bledsoe was more often part of the problem than part of the solution. On the other hand, it's not clear that J.P. will be ready next year. He's missed too much practice time. There is only so much you can do watching film: you need to be out on the field actually throwing the ball to your receivers.

The player who gives this team the best chance to win is Kurt Warner. With him under center the Giants went 5-3; on pace for a better record than the Bills finished with. However, the Giants--with the same roster--went 1-7 to finish the year with Manning taking the snaps. Warner put together a QB rating ten points higher than Drew's; despite the fact that he had basically no time to get used to a new offense and a new team before he was benched, despite the fact that he didn't have an offensive line, and despite the fact the Giants don't exactly have the same weapons that Indy does. Warner had every excuse to fail, but he succeeded.

223378[/snapback]

Good point. I think one common misconception is that the pro-Drew crowd things that those of us who want Drew gone automatically think JP is the solution. I, for one, am excited about JPs potential and can't wait to see him spread his wings. At the same time, I also want to see another vet brought in here who is capable of starting and WINNING if JP isn't the answer. But anti-Drew doesn't neccesarily mean "JP or bust".

Not at all. It means get Drew the hell out of here because his act is played. Whether is JP or a VET, I don't care. Just NO more bumbling Bledsoe.

223386[/snapback]

lol.....well said