Episode III: Revenge of the Sith

/dev/null

You know, the more I think about it, the more I think the MOST significant element of the OT that is missing in the prequels is Han Solo.  There is no real equivalent of his character in the prequels. Who is the 'swashbuckler' type in the prequels? Mace Windu? I just the the Han factor is a big reason why the prequels don't measure up. There are a lot of other reasons, too......but you could give Harrison Ford the cheesiest line of all and he'd find a way to make it look cool in his delivery. You just can't replace that.

222098[/snapback]

No one is as cool as Luke. Or Leia. Or Lando. Or Chewie.

You can't relate to any of the PT characters because instead of giving them things to do (i.e. acting), they spend most of the movies interacting with blue screen special effects.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Is that the one where there are no live actors at all and EVERYTHING is cgi?

If it ewren't for LOTR there would be no Star Wars.

221880[/snapback]

Huh? Star Wars owes a lot more to Kurosawa's Samurai movies (in particular "The Hidden Fortress") than Tolkien...

You know, the more I think about it, the more I think the MOST significant element of the OT that is missing in the prequels is Han Solo.  There is no real equivalent of his character in the prequels. Who is the 'swashbuckler' type in the prequels? Mace Windu? I just the the Han factor is a big reason why the prequels don't measure up. There are a lot of other reasons, too......but you could give Harrison Ford the cheesiest line of all and he'd find a way to make it look cool in his delivery. You just can't replace that.

222098[/snapback]

i don't think a han solo type character would have worked in the prequils. he would have ended up blasting jar jar on naboo in episode i, which in turn wouldn't have given jar jar the opportunity to cast the deciding vote to give palpatine military authority in episode ii

The biggest thing I noticed about watching the two newer films in the theater was how hard it was to focus on what was going on. There was so much detail in the CGI shots, everything was making noise, and everything was so bright. I spent more time looking at the eye candy and it made it difficult to focus on what was happening.

I think the biggest difference is Lucas himself. As AJ correctly stated, he is doing things HIS way, and to hell with us if we don't like it. While he has a great vision, his dialog leaves much to be desired.