[closed]I sugest this as a new name for Roger Goodell...

Hplarrm

which would be Dead Man Walking.

My sense looking at things is that though there are myriad options for Roger's bosses that in the end, the bottomline is that he has a critical element of his job is to at least protect the NFL brand and preferably increase the measurable profit from this enterprise.

Like it or not. while Ray Rice clearly deserves the full blame for his actions and virtually any fiscal penalty he gets for knocking out the mother of his child, Goodell's job he was hired to do by the NFL is to protect the NFL brand and maximize profits fir the NFL.

Goodell has done a demonstrably bad job at this assignment.

To me his ultimate employment seems to be a question of whether his bosses profit more from firing him later (probably) or firing him now (possibly if it is shown or strongly suggested the NFL had access to the whole tape months ago.

Goodell seems to have either two choices. He has done evil things and deserves to be canned now. Or the institution he us runs has been incompetent and thus he deserves to be canned but probably it does more harm to the NFL to can him now.

I started a new thread on this point because the old threads center on Ray Rice or Janay and this is on the different though related issue of Goodell.

I do not feel sorry for Goodell as he has the portion of the $44 million annual salary he has earned already and whatever golden parachute he can negotiate for his canning. However, I think it is likely a question of whether it is better for his bosses to wait til things settle down a bit or to throw him under the bus now.