Dorenbos looks to be done

Teague is handling the field goal snaps and Neufeld is handling the punt snaps.

16614[/snapback]

They were handling them last week, and doing a poor job. I assume they're doing better this week. Good from a team standpoint in that they can save a roster spot, and also I'm sure Dorenbos will catch-on somewhere. He's a good kid who's had a rough life.

They were handling them last week, and doing a poor job.  I assume they're doing better this week.  Good from a team standpoint in that they can save a roster spot, and also I'm sure Dorenbos will catch-on somewhere.  He's a good kid who's had a rough life.

16643[/snapback]

Well, he's been doing the snapping the last couple of times (for Lindell's PAT, and also Moorman's last punt). So maybe he'll stick around.

Teague is handling the field goal snaps and Neufeld is handling the punt snaps.

16614[/snapback]

Funny, I got just the opposite impression. Moorman clearly appeared to be uncomfortable with Neufeld's snaps a few times and rushed his kicks which resulted in some poor coverage/long runbacks.

If I was MM, I'd cut Travis Brown and make Matthews the #2 QB in order to keep the Moorman/Dorenbos combo--which was one of the best in the NFL last year--intact.

Funny, I got just the opposite impression.  Moorman clearly appeared to be uncomfortable with Neufeld's snaps a few times and rushed his kicks which resulted in some poor coverage/long runbacks.

If I was MM, I'd cut Travis Brown and make Matthews the #2 QB in order to keep the Moorman/Dorenbos combo--which was one of the best in the NFL last year--intact.

16725[/snapback]

I totally agree. I just hope they aren't so damn stubborn about keeping Brown. :(

Obviously the QB situation makes Dorenbos' chances of sticking around a little more shaky. I would think, however, that it's far more important to keep a long snapper who will perform his job flawlessly, than an extra DB, DL or OL who likely won't play at all this season. The performance at long snapper has the potential to be the difference between a win or a loss, and I don't see that same level of importance with any other position player, when talking about someone at the bottom of the depth chart. I say move one of the DBs, DLs or OLs that are on the bubble to the practice squad, bump somebody from the practice squad, and call that DB, DL or OL back up later in the season when we don't have to carry 4 QBs.

Obviously the QB situation makes Dorenbos' chances of sticking around a little more shaky.  I would think, however, that it's far more important to keep a long snapper who will perform his job flawlessly, than an extra DB, DL or OL who likely won't play at all this season.  The performance at long snapper has the potential to be the difference between a win or a loss, and I don't see that same level of importance with any other position player, when talking about someone at the bottom of the depth chart.  I say move one of the DBs, DLs or OLs that are on the bubble to the practice squad, bump somebody from the practice squad, and call that DB, DL or OL back up later in the season when we don't have to carry 4 QBs.

17655[/snapback]

You are very right IMHO. The B'gals snapper is Brad St. Louis. He also plays on the ST's - not much more than a warm body. But PK Graham was 22/25 last year, and St. Louis never boggled a PK snap and only boggled 1 punt snap IIRC.

A good long snapper is a necessary roster evil...if you don't have one, watch out. <_<