OT: Employment/Applicant rights

Mediaman

If they can't manage their own finances, would you expect them to manage their own job? If they're constantly late paying bills, can you trust them to meet deadlines at work?

IMO, it's all about trust. If you're considering hiring someone who hasn't managed his/her money well in the past, think about whether or not you could trust them to do the job.

218236[/snapback]

I understand what you are saying, but I think it is crappy that those two things correalte to one another in this day and age. I have worked with dozens of peoples over the years who have been great work mates, been responsible about work, yet have money problems. This is all part of that corporate mentality that seems to becoming so acceptable to everyone...there are so many reasons that someone could have a poor credit rating, that do not correlate to the kind of employee they would be...being born to money is a huge advantage that some have over others. Doesn't necessarily mean that you are more responsible at managing your affairs. As I see it, it is just a way of keeping a seperation in class...I know someone will give me crap about this, but I think this whole credit rating/emploment thing is not at all fair...