Travis Henry

yeah however shortly after that they have

Raiders | Jordan on the Radar - from www.KFFL.com

Sat, 22 Jan 2005 15:13:55 -0800

ESPN.com's Len Pasquarelli reports the Oakland Raiders are likely to make a run at free agent RB LaMont Jordan, of the New York Jets. Raiders team officials and coaches have already studied Jordan, but there are questions as to whether or not he can be the workhorse running back that head coach Norv Turner usually likes. In Turner's system, the feature running back almost always carries the football 325 times during a year. Jordan has averaged just 65.5 rushing attempts in four seasons.

While We'd all like to get the most out of a trade with Henry, teams will be more inclined imo to go after the Lamont Jordans and Najev Davenports of the world, or a big time rb ala edge or shaun alexander if they hit the free agent market. Trading Henry is gonna be tough, but I'll continue to hope for the best

Henry either goes during the draft for a specific draft pick, or after it for a conditional choice. I think it will be the latter.

Raiders | Henry on the Radar - from www.KFFL.com

Sat, 22 Jan 2005 15:13:22 -0800

Updating previous reports, ESPN.com's Len Pasquarelli reports the Oakland Raiders are interested in Buffalo Bills RB Travis Henry and like him a lot. However, they have concerns over his fumbling.

214966[/snapback]

I think between the 2 the Raiders would rather work on the fumbling issue than work on the durability issue with Jordan. Norv Turner will run his starting RB until he's dragging on the ground ( see Ricky Williams week 3 2003 vs the Bills where he got 40+ carries). I also am not 100% certain that the Jets are going to trade Jordan. Everything I have heard says that Herman Edwards absolutely loves Jordan....and wants to groom him to be the featured back sooner rather than later.

I think between the 2 the Raiders would rather work on the fumbling issue than work on the durability issue with Jordan. Norv Turner will run his starting RB until he's dragging on the ground ( see Ricky Williams week 3 2003 vs the Bills where he got 40+ carries). I also am not 100% certain that the Jets are going to trade Jordan. Everything I have heard says that Herman Edwards absolutely loves Jordan....and wants to groom him to be the featured back sooner rather than later.

215033[/snapback]

Jordan is a UFA. He cannot be traded.