I Thought The NFL Was A Copy Cat League

If the NFL is a copy cat league & teams that don't do as well watch the teams that are winners in order to turn things around how long does that take to catch on ?

The Bills have been around since 1960 & have watched other teams & have been a team that has won on a grand scale dispute not winning the big game they still learned to win but have forgotten all they had learned in that time.

Or they have just not went to class to keep up with the new ways to have a winning NFL franchise . Which makes sense seeing as we still have left overs from the 80's & 90's when it comes to front office staff .

It's not like we don't have the examples around the league to see just how to make this thing happen .

This latest thing with Byrd is just another example of either being lazy when it comes to the front office or just not giving a S**t i can't figure out which that it is .

To not use the franchise tag is one thing but at least use all that is available to them & they left one thing completely out that other teams employed the transition tag .

Besides why is it such a taboo to use either of these things available to the FO in Buffalo ? I hardly ever remember herring the Bills using these 2 tags to try to keep players in the past . The deal with J. Peters being in the same deal .

The Eagles made it work with him why not the Bills ? Which that could be said about a lot of other players that once were on the Bills roster .

I JUST DON'T GET IT !! PAY ATTENTION BILLS FO !!

Every thing is there for us to be a great team & you won't use it & that deserves a COME ON MAN !!

The Patriots* did the same thing with Wes Welker in 2012/2013.

Welker was signed to a franchise tag in 2012. Welker was determined to find out his market value. They couldn't come to a long term deal and the Patriots realized this and let him become a free agent in 2013.

Soooooooo, maybe the Bills are following the Pats* lead. Copy cat league as you say.

Btw, it's been reported that the Pats* offered more than what Welker got with Denver.

Welker was signed to a franchise tag in 2012. Welker was determined to find out his market value. They couldn't come to a long term deal and the Patriots realized this and let him become a free agent in 2013.

Soooooooo, maybe the Bills are following the Pats* lead. Copy cat league as you say.

Btw, it's been reported that the Pats* offered more than what Welker got with Denver.

You just spelled it out for me. The goal of the tag should be for the goal of negotiating a long term deal. If a player simply states that nothing will get signed without feeling the open market first and on time, what else is there to do after the tag didn't work the first time. Parker knows that for every day that Byrd is not on the open market after FA starts is that they risk getting less money in the offers as time passes. There is a finite amount of money that goes to the top free agents in the first 72 hours. If Byrd is locked up in a cumbersome bargaining position to begin FA, some other players will likely be invited in his place. There are some big name/long in the tooth pass rushers that will be coveted. All agent's eyes are on the Raiders' cap space. If the Bills were to not let Byrd test FA on time, I am quite sure that Byrd's antics will be stepped up from the last off-season, and I doubt that a truly ugly hold out would sour his reputation among the current teams that covet his services. They are an opportunistic bunch after all. Cannibals if you will.

Now that you point that out i remember & it is a very good point Thanks for the refresher !!