(OT) Anyone know where?

Mile High

For a 1998 F150. Just curious I tried Ebay but no dice.

Thanks for your help guys and gals.

Oh yeah if anyone remembered my Christmas horror story of late. Today I started my truck.. Yes started it and threw a rod through my engine block. Good times up here in the Adirondacks. Good times. :D

For a 1998 F150.  Just curious I tried Ebay but no dice. 

Thanks for your help guys and gals.

Oh yeah if anyone remembered my Christmas horror story of late.  Today I started my truck..  Yes started it and threw a rod through my engine block.  Good times up here in the Adirondacks.  Good times.  :D

213217[/snapback]

I believe these vehicles have a little know defect in the door handles which can cause the doors to open unexpectedly. The spring that holds the door handle down so it retracts after you let go of it and so that it doesn't rattle around does not have sufficient tension to do the job. The manufacturer of the component part screwed up. The spring is so bad it even fails to meet federal standards which were written so that no manufacturer could possibly fail to meet them. They require that the spring be able to handle 30g even though real world crashes generate up to 180g. This spring pops, I believe, at around 8g. It doesn't even meet Ford's own specifications. Ford did their own study and concluded that it was a manufacturing defect which required a recall. Then they studied the cost and decided against it, the lawsuits are cheaper than the fix. Of course, the fact that people are being ejected from the vehicle after hitting a pot hole is apparently not important enough.

Have the springs changed.