Andy Reid Must Be Feeling Immense Pressure

Mark VI

McNabb can't do it all himself. Westbrook must have a big game, as well as the Philly Defense vs. Michael Vick. Hey, Reid grabbed player control and built this team the way he wanted to.

If Atlanta wins, Reid becomes the biggest bridesmade Coach in history. He'll be hammered in the press, whether it's right or not. You can't go to 4 straight Conference Championship games and lose.

He BETTER win or the backlash will be intense..

McNabb can't do it all himself. Westbrook must have a big game, as well as the Philly Defense vs. Michael Vick.  Hey, Reid grabbed player control and built this team the way he wanted to.

If Atlanta wins, Reid becomes the biggest bridesmade Coach in history. He'll be hammered in the press, whether it's right or not. You can't go to 4 straight Conference Championship games and lose.

He BETTER win or the backlash will be intense..

212927[/snapback]

I don't think I've ever read one bad thing about Levy on here (and it would be very rare to read something bad about him somewhere else). I think history will be as kind to Reid even if they lose - it's tough to get your team to this game four years in a row.

He also has the TO excuse going for him in the aftermath - Reid made the necessary change to his team to get to the next level, but the guy unfortunately was injured at crunch time.

Personally I think Reid is the clear second best coach in the league right now behind BB. I would have argued for Fisher last year, but he dropped down in my estimation this season with all the late year trick plays, onside kicks and shenanigans.

It's supposed to snow on Sunday in Philly.  If that's the case, I can't see the Falcons winning.  Even without snow, a dome team in frigid temps isn't exactly an easy thing to overcome.

212938[/snapback]

I think the opposite. The Eagles have been all about throwing the ball this year. Owens injury made them change the whole reason they won, on offense. Atlanta has 2 good RB's in the combo of fast Warrick Dunn and the battering ram T.J. Duckett. Last but not least, Michael Vick who scrambled for 900 + yards.

Bad weather points to the Falcons, IMO. The wildcard for Philly will be how well Michael Westbrook plays. If he can't produce, then McNabb has to carry them.

That's not good.

I think the opposite. The Eagles have been all about throwing the ball this year. Owens injury made them change the whole reason they won, on offense. Atlanta has 2 good RB's in the combo of fast Warrick Dunn and the battering ram T.J. Duckett. Last but not least, Michael Vick who scrambled for 900 + yards.

Bad weather points to the Falcons, IMO. The wildcard for Philly will be how well Michael Westbrook plays. If he can't produce, then McNabb has to carry them.

That's not good.

I think the snowy, slippery conditions make Vick's running less of a threat. And the Eagles have a good enough secondary to match-up with Altanta's underwhelming receiving corps, and thus they play close to the LOS to shutdown the run. On offense I agree that Westbrook has to come up big, and so too do the WR's.

I must be the only person in the world underwhelmed with Michael Vick. From what I saw this year, beating them comes down to two things: one person needs to spy Vick and two people need to take Crumpler out of the game. The losses they suffered all had those two items in common, if memory serves...

I must be the only person in the world underwhelmed with Michael Vick. From what I saw this year, beating them comes down to two things: one person needs to spy Vick and two people need to take Crumpler out of the game. The losses they suffered all had those two items in common, if memory serves...

That's pretty much the MO. The Rams have a crap defense and couldn't stop the RB's, much less Vick. They DID shut down the Rams' offense, but it will be tougher on the road and in bad conditions.

212962[/snapback]

If you lived here and saw the guy play every week, I don't think you'd be as underwhelmed......you can't spy the guy, trust me. Well, you CAN, but it won't matter. All you'll do is free up Crumpler or his wideouts or make yourself more vulnerable to a screen to Dunn or Duckett. Atlanta is a very dangerous, truly unpredictable team. They can beat you in a variety of ways. Look at their record with and w/out Vick the past few years.......that tells you all you need to know. And being down here in the NFC South, they play some pretty good defenses. I would not be surprised at all if the Falcons take out the Eagles, even it the weather is poor.

That's not good.

212947[/snapback]

You mean Brian Westbrook, of course. But yes, Westbrook is a key to Philly's hopes. Whichever team establishes the run in all likelihood will win. I give a big edge to the Iggles' STs in cold weather with Akers, one of the best kickers in the game, opposed to a dome kicker like the Falcons' Feely. However, Rossum would love nothing more than to stick it to his former team and he is a legit ST threat for the Dirty Birds.

Look for Jeremiah Trotter to "mark" Vick and keep him contained. If he can't use his legs, the Falcons are in major trouble because he won't beat them solely with his arm.

My 'umble predict: Iggles 23, Falcons 10.