Per Whaley: Nix still plays a role in player personnel decisions

New England having a QB at the time of the Brady draft is not relevant to the idea that hind-sight is 20/20. Proteus used hind- sight In evaluating Buddy's performance and he did so in a most disrespectful way.

If I was disrespectful it was because he sucked. Also I didn't use hindsight. Wilson or at least another QB was the consensus pick at that time. Everyone knew the Bills needed a QB. Like I said, Chris freaking Berman said before our pick after we had traded up, something along the line of "It's gotta be Wilson right?" That is who we should have taken, or at least Foles or Cousins.

I personally was more of a fan of Cousins than Foles or Wilson coming out. I had one friend who was trying to convince myself and other friends that Wilson was gonna be great. The point is everyone knew we needed a QB and that was the right time to take one. Instead Nix got cute and drafted a track star who absolutely sucks so much it makes me want to puke. Much like the Whitner over Ngata or Maybin over Orakpo. Picks where as a Bills fan you say what, and then the analysts say what too. It what Bills GM's have done for the last decade and Buddy was no different.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This thread seems to have degenerated into a discussion about how good/bad Nix was as a GM rather than the OP of Nix having an input in the talent evaluation process.

As a talent evaluation guy, I see no problem with using his expertise.

In the 5 years that Nix had an input at the Bills(09-13), we drafted players to fill 12 starter slots.......including 3 probowlers(with potentially several more in the future): Wood, Byrd, Levitre, Spiller, Dareus, A.Williams, Gilmore, Glenn, Manuel, Woods, Alonso & Graham/Goodwin.

It seems that the best results were when he was giving advice but not calling the shots(2009 & 2013). His GM abilities/record really shouldn't be a part of this discussion IMO.