Dareus named PFF All-Pro

They should lock him up now before he has that break out year that makes him unaffordable. With Mario Williams contract it will be hard to commit another big contract to the defensive line. After being benched for tardiness the Bills are probably in the best position they ever will be in to sign him to a long term deal, they should do it right now.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if there ever comes a day when marcel decides he wants to be great, look the hell out.

I dont necessarily disagree with this sentiment. Not sure, however, that he is deserving of the All Pro Tag. I remember at key moments through the season, especially when we had to make a key run stop, that didn't happen. Not intending that the D's inability to make key run stops is all on Dareus. All Pro's make those plays. I do think that playing alongside Alan Branch helped Dareus improve, but not so much to the status of All Pro.

They should lock him up now before he has that break out year that makes him unaffordable. With Mario Williams contract it will be hard to commit another big contract to the defensive line. After being benched for tardiness the Bills are probably in the best position they ever will be in to sign him to a long term deal, they should do it right now.

That's a really good point. The Bills definitely would have leverage right now. As I have mentioned before, I'd also suggest counseling for Dareus. He's gone through a lot and if I went through the same, I can't imagine where my head would be at.

And sort of a side point, but I do wonder how much big guys love football. Sometimes they just are forced to play because they are big and good. I think this was the case with Mike Williams and I'm sure a lot of linemen are like this.