Draft compensation for Levitre

I'm pretty sure our qualifying losses are Kyle Moore, Chad Rinehart, and Andy Levitre. As to our qualifying gains, I know Lawson and Branch count. If they're the only ones that count, then we get a comp pick. The salary match goes from low to high, so Moore would cancel out Branch and Rinehart would cancel out Lawson, which would leave us with a 3rd or 4th for Levitre.

However, in addition to Lawson & Branch, we also signed Frank Summers and Doug Legursky as veteran UFAs. Summers was out of football in 2012, so he definitely doesn't count, but I'm not sure about Legursky. I've heard talk that there's a limited signing window for UFAs to count towards comp picks, and it closes around the draft, but I can't find any official confirmation of that. If it's true, Legursky wouldn't count, because he wasn't signed till June. I guess we'll see.

If I recall correctly that cutoff is June 1, but I admittedly haven't even glanced at it since that June thread I mentioned.

I'm pretty sure legursky signed the first week of June for that very reason.

I think it's sad that we have posters here that know more about this than Chris Brown. Couldn't he have at least pm'd NoSaint to get himself at least minimally informed before writing a pice for public consumption?

We get soooo many threads about it every year. And I hear it all the time down here with saints fans that don't get that they sign a lot of free agents. There are a couple REALLY good websites on the topic. Guys that annually predict the number of picks each team gets and the round with pretty high accuracy - I'm talking regularly 30+ out of the 32 awarded dead on.

Once you get the basics it's a pretty easy system, and I don't get why the nfl leaves it as a mysterious formula. The only thing that's tough is making sure you don't miss any players and figuring out the terms of some of the contracts - and a slight guess on what the salary cutoffs for each round will be (typically just last years plus a couple percentage points will get you there)

Edited by NoSaint