Pettine versus Hackett

I guess I have trouble with blaming Hackett when defensive lineman are routinely two yards into the backfield when we try to hand it off.

Isn't that partly Hackett's fault or do you think that's explainable by the loss of Levitre?

But I agree with the main point, the O Line hasn't been great. Too often, our backs have no where to go.

Isn't that partly Hackett's fault or do you think that's explainable by the loss of Levitre?

But I agree with the main point, the O Line hasn't been great. Too often, our backs have no where to go.

I think they gambled on cutting Levitre, and lost.

But I also think the upside of winning that gamble far-outweighed the stupid amount of money needed to keep him.

Too often our backs are having to hit the hole flat-footed because they're shedding (or trying to shed) defenders in the backfield.

Our execution has been lousy.

If Hackett is back next year, I'm not spending a dollar on the bills

Well, looks like you won't be spending a dollar on the Bills. The "blow it all up" crowd had their say last year. Need to wait 2 more years to be heard. Sorry. And unless Ralph has superman genes (which he may), by then the explosion will be much larger than just a few coaches on the sh_t list from time to time.

The offense just need a decent LG and RT and more of Goodwin and less of Stevie. Also check the entire offense coaching staff, only Morris has experience. Maybe need a betters coaches there in the offense.

On Pettine, I realy like his aggresive D. but need a real good Secundary, maybe we have one good CB on McKelvin sometimes. I don't know what happen with Gilmore he was a 1st Rd like McKelvin. Robery sometimes play very well but sometimes just sucks. Keep Byrd on the team and try some veteran CB.

I don't think there is much argument to keep Hackett, other than not to give Manuel two offenses in two years. We all complained that Chan had keys to a Ferrari in CJ and used him like a Pinto, favoring short timed passes. Hackett's schemes/playcalling/use of Spiller have been worse and we've been unable to run more than a few screens all year. Chan, in retrospect, looks pretty solid.

This offense more often than not is unwatchable.

This D, on the other hand, barring a few big plays a game -- which is fixable -- has been impressive, stats be damned.

Well, looks like you won't be spending a dollar on the Bills. The "blow it all up" crowd had their say last year. Need to wait 2 more years to be heard. Sorry. And unless Ralph has superman genes (which he may), by then the explosion will be much larger than just a few coaches on the sh_t list from time to time.

I was in the keep Chan crowd.