1st down. Shotgun. Handoff.

covac23

no. Stop calling the same damn freakin option play everytime. Especially when you, me, the defense, and everyone else knows its going outside to the left. Stop using the option. We DO NOT have an option QB. We should have been a run heavy playaction team, that welcomes pressure, to use the screen, and deep ball. Instead were a spread it, and run it offense, with no threat of intermediate or deep routs.

Spread it, huh?

Haven't watched the OLine in recent weeks, have ya?

Spiller on grass: 25 carries, 56 yards, 2.2 yards per carry.

Spiller on turf: 124 carries, 622 yards, 5.0 yards per carry.

The Bills have a run-first offense, but it is largely a speed/finesse running game. This team can't decide they want to run the ball, at least not on the road. They don't have a QB that can carry them and they don't have a strong enough line in balance to push teams off the ball. That is not a winning formula.

not a fan our our poor attempt of being a zone blocking line. It jut doesn't seem to be working at all.

The play you're describing is a read-option.

the read option which is run like the veer includes a delayed hand-off between the QB and RB called a mesh. they mesh until the QB reads the lineman they're optioning, then he either lets the RB take it into the hole the DL widened out on to defend the QB - or pulls it back to run outside the DL because he chose to defend the RB. he used to run the RO without the mesh, but with a trailing pitch man at FSU. i was thinking the OP was talking about the straight hand-offs to Spiller - also designed to go off tackle - which seldom get turned upfield.

Wait, what?

i think NFL95MGD has morphed EJ with Johnny Football to make a point about the under utilization of EJ's play making abilities. i agree with him. if we drafted the real Manziel, and put him in the same box as EJ for fear of injury, he's be on the cross right now.