Has Weei 850 AM in Boston has reported??

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It doesn't take a friend of a friend of a friend of mine to tell me that anyone who thought they heard this from WEEI is full of crap.

With all the gains this year and the fact that JP really missed most of the season, it would be stupid to cut Bledsoe. Not only will he be around, he will start the season. So, all you Bledsoe bashers better get a grip.

Mike and Mike were talking this morning about $100M QB's who led their team to a SB as a starter, and saying that this weekend will be the first time that happens with McNabb or Vick.  They mentioned Bledsoe and said that most people think he started the Steelers AFCCG back in 2001, but he didn't, and when Brady got hurt, he came in and "won the game."  Sorry.

You're using Mike and Mike in the morning as a source of NFL insight?

Wow.

Believe me, I watched the game as a Pats fan praying they would win, and Bledsoe most certainly did not win that game. In fact, he did everything he could to blow the lead that had been established while he was sitting on the bench.

-Sorry, I was in no way comparing Bledsoe to Bradshaw.  I was making the point that fans tend to want to scrap everything in the off-season, because they think that whatever free-agent is out there is automatically better than what we already have.  Bradshaw was horrid his first 2 or 3 seasons in the NFL.  If he had played that way in this day and age, fans would have been livid, and he likely wouldn't have had the chance to develop any further, at least not in Pittsburgh.  The game has changed so much, business wise, that it seems to be affecting the product on the field, and the way fans view it.  Believe me, I know that Bledsoe is no Bradshaw, and never will be. M

y point was, the most vocal of fans (I consider myself a fan) don't seem to have the patience to let something build.  They want to play fantasy football, cut this guy, sign that guy, get rid of the other guy, and frankly, it doesn't make a lot of sense.  Bledsoe may not be all that we hoped he might be, but he is still the Bills best alternative for next season, and the Bills are best for him, if he wants to continue playing.  I want to see Losman play too!  I would just feel better with Bledsoe there, back-up or starter, just in case Losman is not all we hoped he would be either.  I would hate to see this team lose its' momentum because they decide to head blindly into the season with an inexperienced starter.  I am not saying I don't think Losman can get it done, I just don't know enough about him, and honestly, I don't know how anyone else could either.  He certainly had some detractors before the draft. 

-I have lived in 6 different cities over the years, all fairly good sports towns (depends on how you feel about Atlanta), and I can honestly say that Buffalo is the only one where the general sports populace takes criticism of its' teams so seriuosly, and personally.  Nearly everytime someone makes a Norwood reference on ESPN, or makes some mention of the Bills 4 Super Bowl losses, I can almost guarantee, someone on TSW will start a link, stating that they despise the broadcaster, and it will be followed up with a bunch of responses in agreement.  I love Buffalo.  It has its' problems, but it is a great place to live all and all.  Why can't we just all have the last laugh.  Buffalo is only a ring away from being as revered Green Bay as a football town.  Can't say I have been to Green Bay, but I have been in the area.  It has nothing on WNY!

-Okay, maybe "hate" is a strong word to use in regards to the Bills faithful in reference to Travis Henry, but look at some of the threads over the last few days.  Pretty nasty stuff for a guy who just wants to play.  Everyone keeps insisting Henry was a locker-room cancer, but the guys who played with him (Willis McGahee included) have praised him for the way he handled himself this year...but everyone here knows better!

-You thought my Bledsoe/Bradshaw thing was off?  Comparing the Thurman/Kenneth Davis thing to Henry and McGahee is kind of silly.  It was a much different situation.  Thurman was the established starter in Buffalo, Davis was signed as a free agent, after doing nothing in Green Bay.  He was a terrific back-up for Thurman.  They got along just fine.  Imagine though, if Thurman had lost his starting job to Davis, in the prime of his career...I think Thurman, at that time, would have made a lot more noise than Henry did this year.  Thurman matured a lot late in his carreer, but in his athletic prime, he was kind of a punk.  Great player, I loved him.  I still remember being sort of embarassed about his silly "Everyone says that Kelly is like Jordan, running the floor.  I am the Michael Jordan of the Buffalo Bills", during the press week before Super Bowl 26.

-Bledsoe bashers, take solace.  He can't play forever!

:P

210729[/snapback]

nice post. ;)

You're using Mike and Mike in the morning as a source of NFL insight?

Wow.

As opposed to YOU? :P

Believe me, I watched the game as a Pats fan praying they would win, and Bledsoe most certainly did not win that game.  In fact, he did everything he could to blow the lead that had been established while he was sitting on the bench.

BUT....he didn't. He threw a TD, didn't turn the ball over, and the team won. Brady did nothing in his time in the game. Spin it anyway you like, thems the facts. And if you want to REALLY get into "almosts," I've got ~50,000 of them for Brady the last 4 years.

He threw a TD

Yes, he had a very nice series in which he completed three of three attempts, one of which was for a touchdown. He, of course, had the benefit of the good field position that Brady had given him, but still a nice series.

As I'm sure you also know, after that series, he was putrid, completing just 7 of 18 passes and making countless mental errors.

didn't turn the ball over

You and I both know that that was no fault of his own. Bledsoe threw several passes into the numbers of Steeler LBs and also threw the ball over his shoulder as he was being sacked.

and the team won.

Indeed they did. But they were winning when Bledsoe entered the game as well. In baseball, that's called a save. The win goes to the starter who left with a lead, in this case Brady.

Brady did nothing in his time in the game.

Except complete more passes for more yards than Bledsoe in fewer attempts and in less time. Not to mention playing mistake-free football.

Spin it anyway you like, thems the facts.

The facts are down on paper and on film for all to see. Bledsoe's sh-- numbers, rookie-like mental mistakes, and horrid second half performance are all well-documented fact.

Yes, he had a very nice series in which he completed three of three attempts, one of which was for a touchdown.  He, of course, had the benefit of the good field position that Brady had given him, but still a nice series.

Brady had better field position the series BEFORE that one, and proceeded to get sacked and pushed out of scoring range.

As I'm sure you also know, after that series, he was putrid, completing just 7 of 18 passes and making countless mental errors.

Gee, not playing in 4 months and not getting the majority of snaps can do that to you. But the only mistakes that count are ones that lead to turnovers and cost you the game. He didn't make any of those.

You and I both know that that was no fault of his own.  Bledsoe threw several passes into the numbers of Steeler LBs and also threw the ball over his shoulder as he was being sacked.

And again, how many "almost INT's" has Brady had in his playoff games? I've seen several a game. But again, "almost" only counts in...

Indeed they did.  But they were winning when Bledsoe entered the game as well.  In baseball, that's called a save.  The win goes to the starter who left with a lead, in this case Brady.

First of all, Brady would not have gotten a "win" for that game. Second of all, pitchers cannot generate points. They can only prevent them. That is why you cannot compare the 2 positions. And while Bledsoe was on the field, he led the team to 10 points. The Pats won by 7 points. And when he entered the game, the pats were winning by 4 points. Do the math. Without Bledsoe the Pats lose, DESPITE the "lead" that Brady left Bledsoe with.

Except complete more passes for more yards than Bledsoe in fewer attempts and in less time.  Not to mention playing mistake-free football.

Not to mention point-free football. And is the object to get completions and yards (Brady made "mistakes" by his inability to score points in this almost full half in the game), or score points? Seems to me that you Pats fans eschew the yardage rankings and like to talk about points scored and given-up.

The facts are down on paper and on film for all to see.  Bledsoe's sh-- numbers, rookie-like mental mistakes, and horrid second half performance are all well-documented fact.

So too is the fact that without him, the Pats lose that AFCCG, don't make the SB, and don't win the SB mostly due to the defense, like they won the Steelers game mostly due to the ST's. The point wasn't to say that Bledsoe single-handedly won the game, but that his contributions, like Brady's in that year's SB, helped lead to a TEAM win.

I have a scarier thought...

"and with their 3rd round draft pick acquired from Miami, Buffalo selects Chris Rix, QB Florida State"  <_<

210577[/snapback]

If the Bills draft Chris Rix I'm going to start rooting for the Arizona Cardinals ................Rix might be worse than Rob Johnson

Someone told me today that Sports Radio Weei 850 AM in Boston has reported: Source close to Bledsoe's agent said "Bledsoe refused a pay cut and expects to be released from the Bills any day now....

Has ANYONE heard this or can verify it???

210361[/snapback]

This just in, WEEI is reporting that Tom Brady is a good quarterback ......and we thought Empire got all the scoops

First of all, Brady would not have gotten a "win" for that game.

What the hell are you arguing anyway? By official records, the '01 AFCCG counts as a win for Brady and as nothing for Bledsoe. You know all those people talking about Brady's now-7-0 playoff record? Well:

'01 - Oakland, @Pittsburgh, St. Louis

'03 - Tennessee, Indianapolis, Carolina

'04 - Indianapolis

Those are the seven wins. @Pittsburgh '01 was a win for Brady.

So too is the fact that without him, the Pats lose that AFCCG...

How on earth do you figure that? The team was leading when he entered the game, and Damon Huard could've easily matched or exceeded Bledsoe's pitiful performance.

You're reaching.

What the hell are you arguing anyway?  By official records, the '01 AFCCG counts as a win for Brady and as nothing for Bledsoe.  You know all those people talking about Brady's now-7-0 playoff record?  Well:

'01 - Oakland, @Pittsburgh, St. Louis

'03 - Tennessee, Indianapolis, Carolina

'04 - Indianapolis

Those are the seven wins.  @Pittsburgh '01 was a win for Brady.

Yeah, "almost." :D That's why I've wanted to see Brady start AND finish a TRUE road playoff game, because he hasn't shown that he can win one yet. We'll see this weekend.

How on earth do you figure that?  The team was leading when he entered the game, and Damon Huard could've easily matched or exceeded Bledsoe's pitiful performance.

You're reaching.

Yeah, you mention Damon Huard and I'M the one reaching? <_<:huh:

Accept the facts HD. Your team loses without Bledsoe coming in for Brady. Period. You can mentally masturbate about what Damon Huard MIGHT have done had he come in, but he didn't (and everyone with a brain knows he wouldn't have won even if he DID come in), Bledsoe did, led the team to the decisivepoints, and the team won. Again, the TEAM won. Yes the ST's played a large part. Yes the defense played a large part. And yes Bledsoe played a part. It's no different than what happened in the SB against the Rams.

Your team loses without Bledsoe coming in for Brady.  Period.

I simply don't agree with that, and as it's not something that can be proven or disproven, I guess we'll have to agree to disagree. That said, there is no doubt that any number of QBs could've stepped in and perfermed as poorly as Bledsoe. It's no difficult task to go out there and tank.

You can mentally masturbate about what Damon Huard MIGHT have done had he come in, but he didn't (and everyone with a brain knows he wouldn't have won even if he DID come in)

I agree that Huard wouldn't have won if he had come in, simply because he couldn't. A QB playing in relief after entering with a lead cannot record a win (at least, not to my knowledge).

Accept the facts HD.  Your team loses without Bledsoe coming in for Brady.  Period.

This is not a "fact." <_< This is your opinion on what would have happened.

When Bledsoe came in, Pittsburgh was using man coverage on the outside on Patten. It is definitely fair to say that Bledsoe threw a better deep out in 2002 than Brady did, and Brady hadn't used Patten at all during the game. Before Pittsburgh could adjust their coverage, Drew threw three straight balls to Patten - out, comeback, out and up for a TD. Good job by QB, receiver, and OC/coach for taking advantage of the change.

In the second half after Pittsburgh made its defensive adjustments in their coverage, Bledsoe was 7/18 for less than 70 yards. The offense generated three points. He had one moment which I thought was terrific (touch pass sideline route for a third down conversion), and two utterly horrifying moments (the "grenade" pass, the would-be INT-TD that bounced off a linebacker's chest).

Troy Brown was the clear MVP of the game. Bledsoe was at best adequate, but was in my opinion overmatched once Pittsburgh adjusted their coverage.

This is not a "fact."  <_< This is your opinion on what would have happened.

First of all, I was referring to the "fact" that IF the Pats did not had Bledsoe as a backup when Brady got injured, they would have lost. As for whether they would have lost if Brady finished the game, that is unknown, but it's a lot less of a "reach" than thinking that Damon Huard could have won that Steelers game. Sure he could have matched Brady's nice completion percentage and 0 points, but that wouldn't have won the game. Also I still don't know if Brady can win a TRUE road playoff game, i.e. one in which the stadium is familar to opponent and where the crowd is deafening when the Pats have the ball. That's why I'm curious to see what happens this weekend. Brady has NOT had good memories of playing in Pgh the past few years, and I think it will be a factor, just like playing in Foxboro is a mental hurdle for Manning.

When Bledsoe came in, Pittsburgh was using man coverage on the outside on Patten. It is definitely fair to say that Bledsoe threw a better deep out in 2002 than Brady did, and Brady hadn't used Patten at all during the game. Before Pittsburgh could adjust their coverage, Drew threw three straight balls to Patten - out, comeback, out and up for a TD. Good job by QB, receiver, and OC/coach for taking advantage of the change.

In the second half after Pittsburgh made its defensive adjustments in their coverage, Bledsoe was 7/18 for less than 70 yards. The offense generated three points. He had one moment which I thought was terrific (touch pass sideline route for a third down conversion), and two utterly horrifying moments (the "grenade" pass, the would-be INT-TD that bounced off a linebacker's chest). 

Troy Brown was the clear MVP of the game. Bledsoe was at best adequate, but was in my opinion overmatched once Pittsburgh adjusted their coverage.

And Brady was what before getting injured? Despite his nice completions percentage, in almost a full half of football his offense scored ZERO points. And as I mentioned, he had a 1st and 10 at the Steelers' 33-yard line the series before the one in which he got injured, but got sacked and lost 7 yards and the team was forced to go from a FG to punting. And AGAIN, how many almost INT's has Brady had? As I said I've seen several a game, and an "almost" INT by Bledsoe in that AFCCG isn't as bad as that "horrifying" INT Brady threw against the Panthers last SB to allow them back into the game. But again "almost" doesn't count, just like that "almost" fumble against the Raiders didn't count. And yes, Troy Brown was the MVP of that game, and it was a TEAM WIN, but anyone who thinks that Bledsoe had no part in the win, or that his efforts could have been duplicated by a scrub QB, has no brains at all.

And you and the Pats fans must have brain damage because you can't grasp even the obvious.

211893[/snapback]

28-69 career record versus teams with a winning record, 16/30 0 TD 1 INT 2 FUM when we needed him most this year. Who is missing the obvious?