another Bill Belichick post

OnTheRocks

Here is what i was wondering...

When did Bill Belichick start using Troy Brown as a DB? It seems to me that he might have started tinkering with that right after week one.

Did he do that because he knew it would be a key to beating the Colts in the post season? Having a vet. WR cover a guy like Stokley in the slot.

I don't know...but if that was the case....this guy is pretty smukin' fart.

Here is what i was wondering...

When did Bill Belichick start using Troy Brown as a DB?  It seems to me that he might have started tinkering with that right after week one.

Did he do that because he knew it would be a key to beating the Colts in the post season?  Having a vet. WR cover a guy like Stokley in the slot. 

I don't know...but if that was the case....this guy is pretty smukin' fart.

208641[/snapback]

For whatever reason it began in training camp.

Defensive backs coach Eric Mangini came up with the idea to use Troy Brown as a DB. NOT BILL BELICHICK. The idea came to him after the Patriots ran out of DBs against Carolina in the Super Bowl. Mangini thought it would be a good idea to have a player from the offense also learn the DB position, in case they were caught short due to injury. Mangini talked to Brown in the offseason and he agreed to give it a try. Brown spent most of training camp practicing with the defense. If Romeo Crennel lands a HC job, look for Mangini to replace him as Pats DC.