2013 - Another rollercoaster year for the Bills – and probably next ye

PolishDave

When you have a team that is consistently below average year after year (as the Bills have been) it is totally understandable that fans get so emotional and polarized. One week it looks like maybe the Bills have the right pieces to build on. The next week it looks like everyone in that organization is incompetent.

As fans we try to hold onto any glimmer of hope for a winning season until that last ounce of optimism is physically and emotionally beaten out of us. A missed scoring opportunity here, a blown referee call there, a key player injury and before you know it, you are on the losing side of yet another season.

This year is no different in that respect; another rollercoaster, at least to start the season.

With the massive inconsistency we are seeing on offense, with or without EJ in there, we have little reason to expect anything other than more rollercoaster.

I don’t think I am the only person in Buffalo who is thinking that this team is still quite a ways away from being a playoff team.

This team struggles to move the ball on offense period. I am sure that is due to a combination of factors between coaching, schemes and personnel. This offense still needs to learn how to consistently move the chains. It also needs to find a way to make more big plays on offense. It doesn’t do either one of those well at all.

And they have to solve those offensive problems while they still have a talented core of defensive players near the line of scrimmage.

More rollercoasters to come this year and next year and probably yet again after that. Bring your barf bags. You will need them from time to time.

We have some serious young talent on this roster. I expect us to show improvements as the year progresses and I expect it to continue into next year. Injuries are holding us back right now.

When haven't injuries been a factor/excuse for this team?