This NFL season's catch phrase - "Next Man Up"

About every other NFL season, a term rises up to become a fallback, interview cliche, that gets overused, tossed into post game interviews and talking head commentaries, and this season it looks to be "Next man up".

Pretty soon, it will work it's way into the vernacular, and mid-management guys are going to use it to motivate underlings.

Anyone heard the word "swagger" lately?

Edited by Marauder'sMicro

Actually, I just Googled it, and it is the title of a book about the NFL. There is page after page of results, all concerning football, and seemingly all dated 2013. Apparently this season, every team is taking a "next man up mentality", because every team in the league has a news article where they state that they are.

I'm sure most couldn't care less, but I find the herd-like behavior in college football, and especially the NFL and it's media, interesting. I don't know if it's purposely coordinated, just the way of the beast, or some combination of those. Somehow it seems more prevalent under Goodell, but maybe it's just a natural response to the totality of the media coverage, and constant regurgitation.

Edited by Marauder'sMicro

Wasn't it "the year of the quarterback" a couple years ago. The talking heads were constantly saying it, and then Drew Brees broke Dan Marino's passing record. His OL didn't have a holding call on it until Week 13!

Hmmmm.. This year "Next man up" means that the Patriots will win it all with a depleted, unknown roster.

Wasn't it "the year of the quarterback" a couple years ago. The talking heads were constantly saying it, and then Drew Brees broke Dan Marino's passing record. His OL didn't have a holding call on it until Week 13!

Hmmmm.. This year "Next man up" means that the Patriots will win it all with a depleted, unknown roster.

Or maybe jim Leonard, Aaron Williams and dennoris search will all get hurt