Marrone on EJ

BillsInMaine

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/bills-coach-marrone-slow-praise-214830649--nfl.html

Glad Marrone isnt getting caught up in the excitement . He is acting like a true coach should. I could see Rex getting excited like fans do over something like this. With this type of coaching and EJs great attitude and respect the potential is through the roof.

Side note: Hackett needs to learn a few things.

Sorry if already being talked about

EJ's play certainly has been encouraging, but he's got a way to go before he can be considered a bona fide starter. He made a couple of bad mistakes yesterday, so that's the bad news. The good news is that he overcame those mistakes. The pass to the deep middle that was picked was a mistake. A pass like that is almost always going to get intercepted in the NFL. Hopefully he learned from that. The fumble on the sack was his fault also, he wasn't paying attention to ball security. But that being said....he didn't panic and he didn't let the mistakes get him down. So far, so good.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/bills-coach-marrone-slow-praise-214830649--nfl.html

Glad Marrone isnt getting caught up in the excitement . He is acting like a true coach should. I could see Rex getting excited like fans do over something like this. With this type of coaching and EJs great attitude and respect the potential is through the roof.

Side note: Hackett needs to learn a few things.

Sorry if already being talked about

Actually I thought some of Marrone's criticism was unwarranted. Certainly the fumble was not EJ s fault. The DE completely blew up the blocking and was on EJ in a heart beat. Tough for any QB to anticipate that. An interception is on the QB, but our OC and his play calling certainly contributed to that. The Bills got the ball back trailing by three; first down call is a one yard swing pass that goes for minimal gain. The interception occurred on second down, where four receivers each ran 5 yard routes; a stacked defense was all over each receiver; bad decision to throw but I can't figure what Marrone was complaining about the proper read. The fact is the overly conservative play calling left EJ with no viable options.