Positives and Negatives from Week One vs. Pats

Comments not mentioned above.....several players looked like they had not played in a month. Chandler looked a step or two slow and not ready to play. Same for CJ....of course, neither had played on a month...so much for resting the regulars. More....Goodwin goes out, so they put TJ Graham out there to receive the kick....which he dribbles onto the field instead of doing the touchback....oh yes, he had not been on the field in a game all preseason. Finally they put Easley out there to receive...that made sense, he had been playing in the preseason and handled some kicks. Marrone did not have these guys ready to play. Others were, these were not. Now, special teams, never like the coaching hire, and lining up in illegal formation to punt is pure coaching. Skeptical that our special teams will be competent. Secondary played better than I expected. Leonard is a great QB and can tackle, just can't cover. Lucky pickup knowing Pettine's system. Offense coaching/play calling way to conservative. EJ showed flashes, but still had some bad Fitz like throws downfield. Conclusion: same old, same old...not buying the marketing argument that its a rebuilding year. Team made an effort, but was not good enough. Same old, same old.

This was hardly same old same old. I think Brady got hit more times in this game then in the last three years combined. I thought the defense played well. You can't give Brady a short field, turnovers were killer. How is this not rebuilding? When you blow it up and start over it is the definition of rebuilding.