Leinart Is Staying At USC

Mark VI

What a dummy. How does he benefit from staying one more year? I hope he does not get injured.

206184[/snapback]

He's having fun and he has insurance against injury to the tune of millions. He's having fun, knows that his college years will be the best of his life, and wants to put off making football a business for another year. Nothing wrong with that.

He's having fun and he has insurance against injury to the tune of millions.  He's having fun, knows that his college years will be the best of his life, and wants to put off making football a business for another year.  Nothing wrong with that.

206186[/snapback]

AD, he could be the #1 pick in this years draft. How can you not come out? He must fear the NFL (Ryan Leaf).

What a dummy. How does he benefit from staying one more year? I hope he does not get injured.

206184[/snapback]

I hope the kid stays healthy and has a great year, but I have to wonder why he wouldn't have made the jump this year...As in, is he going to be able to handle the pressure of the NFL, and perhaps this is his way of putting it off for 1 more year? If I'm a GM I might wonder about that.

Well I'll be a son of a gun. Give Leinart credit for following his heart instead of the paycheck at this juncture. Surprising, to say the least. Most jump given the opportunity, I thought for sure he'd declare for the pros.

Man, if he can help make it a three-peat for SC this fall, more power to him. Has a great chance to do it with the talent at his disposal.

If SC stays injury-free (or relatively so), every other school will be playing for second next season. The Trojans are that loaded.

I assume he was able to buy some type of exotic insurance policy in case he gets hit with a massive injury ala WM. Does anyone have any details on this type of policy assuming it exists.

Certainly with insurance and with what USC boosters are willing to provide him and his family in terms of the many "legal" benefits an athlete gets and whatever is happening under the table he will be quite fine in the short0term.

If injured an insurance policy will assure financial benefits and if not injured he will greatly enhance his market value by staying in even if he has a so-so year which is probably unlikely given the significant number of returning USC stars, , phenoms attracted to a winner and his talent.

This looks like a good move morally and financially.

I assume he was able to buy some type of exotic insurance policy in case he gets hit with a massive injury ala WM.  Does anyone have any details on this type of policy assuming it exists.

Certainly with insurance and with what USC boosters are willing to provide him and his family in terms of the many "legal" benefits an athlete gets and whatever is happening under the table he will be quite fine in the short0term.

If injured an insurance policy will assure financial benefits and if not injured he will greatly enhance his market value by staying in even if he has a so-so year which is probably unlikely given the significant number of returning USC stars, , phenoms attracted to a winner and his talent.

206245[/snapback]

I'm sure he has some sort of policy in effect. Willis had a $2-3 million policy, but he never collected because he signed a contract with the Bills.

The real question with Leinart is not whether or not he gets hurt, but whether or not he plays well next year. If he has a sub-par year his net worth will decrease by $10-12 million. It is one thing to say you want to enjoy your college years, but it is also an easy way to say, "I don't think I am ready for the NFL". That being said, if his reasoning is he is not ready for the NFL, maybe he was right by not going into the draft this year.

I assume he was able to buy some type of exotic insurance policy in case he gets hit with a massive injury ala WM.  Does anyone have any details on this type of policy assuming it exists.

206245[/snapback]

Insurance