Questions I have from the 'Skins PS Game

Matt in KC

Anyone have any insight or guesses on the below? Beyond general emotional doom-and-gloom or defense of the team, did you see anything else you questioned?

1. Why were the CBs playing so far off? This is the first time I've seen that this season. For most of the game, the CB on one side would start 7-8 yard off, even if only 3-4 yards were needed for the first down.

2. Why did Zack Brown get so few carries?

3. Why was the first play of the game pass interference when the ball was so far out of bounds? It was clearly uncatchable.

4. Where have the tight ends gone? What the Syracuse TEs do?

5. Observation: they had Dareus and Kyle rotating in and out through the first two quarters. Is that what you expect in the regular season? (I do.) What will we do against the Pats?

Anyone have any insight or guesses on the below? Beyond general emotional doom-and-gloom or defense of the team, did you see anything else you questioned?

1. Why were the CBs playing so far off? This is the first time I've seen that this season. For most of the game, the CB on one side would start 7-8 yard off, even if only 3-4 yards were needed for the first down.

2. Why did Zack Brown get so few carries?

3. Why was the first play of the game pass interference when the ball was so far out of bounds? It was clearly uncatchable.

4. Where have the tight ends gone? What the Syracuse TEs do?

5. Observation: they had Dareus and Kyle rotating in and out through the first two quarters. Is that what you expect in the regular season? (I do.) What will we do against the Pats?

1) Against strong o-lines they won't get much pressure on the QB (like yesterday) so the CBs won't be able to play up tight all the time.

2) Not sure. Maybe they know what they have in him already or maybe he is dinged up as well.

3) It is preseason for the zebras as well.

1) Against strong o-lines they won't get much pressure on the QB (like yesterday) so the CBs won't be able to play up tight all the time.

2) Not sure. Maybe they know what they have in him already or maybe he is dinged up as well.

3) It is preseason for the zebras as well.

1) Even so, I don't get it. I think it's a scheme I just don't understand. I couldn't see where the safeties were playing , but they seemed to be giving cushion just on one side. I just don't get giving so much cushion....

2) i agree it may be the first part (they know what they have in Zach Brown), but i don't think he's hurt, unless it just was not reported or picked up by anyone.

3) So is the correct call illegal contact if the ball in uncatchable? I get the 5 yard penalty, but the automatic 1st down has always seemed like a crock to me....