Question about the Toronto games...

YoloinOhio

I don't live in the area anymore so don't hear a lot of PR from OBD. Do they do anything to incent non-season ticket holder fans who live in WNY to go to the Toronto games? I hate that those games at the Rogers Centre are sooo quiet and nothing like the Ralph. But it is a pain to go across the bridge for a lot of people, plus the passport issue for those who don't wouldn't otherwise travel to Canada it is an added expense. Just wondering, as I really want this to be akin to a real home game and not a disadvantage on their schedule. The score had a lot to do with it, but Seattle game last year, at least on TV, appeared absolutely brutal.

Toronto is a cool city, but those games will never feel like a home game, for many reasons, a few of which you mentioned. The passport requirement is a big one for sure. You can look at these games in anyway one wants to, but the Bills start the season at a disadvantage, having only 7 home games every year, compared to 8 for every other team except the couple that lose a home game to overseas each season, and they rotate. One question though, with the Bills losing this game to Toronto, are they exempted from losing another one if they get tapped to play overseas? That would really suck having just 6 home games.

Toronto is a cool city, but those games will never feel like a home game, for many reasons, a few of which you mentioned. The passport requirement is a big one for sure. You can look at these games in anyway one wants to, but the Bills start the season at a disadvantage, having only 7 home games every year, compared to 8 for every other team except the couple that lose a home game to overseas each season, and they rotate. One question though, with the Bills losing this game to Toronto, are they exempted from losing another one if they get tapped to play overseas? That would really suck having just 6 home games.

I suppose they would lose another one because the league rotates the overseas game and their name will come up eventually. I assume they aren't exempt because the Bills entered this deal on their own and count it as a home game. Yes, it would suck big time to have only 6 real home games. But I then I think it would suck so much more if they had to move. So I'll live with the Toronto game.

Here's some pertinent information:

According to this source the Bills average about 15,000 Canadian fans for each home game.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Football_League_in_Toronto#Buffalo_Bills

With capacity at just under 74,000, that amounts to better than 1 Canadian resident for every 4 US residents.

That's a high percentage of Canadians making the trek down.