Rate my team

GG

QB kaepernick, Eli Manning - I spaced out picking Eli in the sixth without checking the bye week. So now I have a problem in week 9

RBs Peterson, Chris Johnson, Chris Ivory. Happy about these picks

WR - Jordy Nelson, Torrey Smith, Stevie in round 12

D - Willis, Weatherspoon, Bobby Wagner

Def - Denver st Louis

It's a 12 team league. Yeah, I think that having the 2nd or 3rd pick is the sweet spot. That first turn is huge when 22 of the other top guys are gone. I'm still steaming that I spaced on the Eli pick. I was offered Flacco for Eli after the draft. Would definitely consider it after week one.

Eli is a bad pick because WR's and especially RB's are too shallow in 12team leagues to pick a backup QB that early; not because of his bye week. As played don't trade him for Flacco - you find a Flacco equivalent with a good matchup on the Waiver Wire for your bye week. And FFS don't pick more than one defense.

IMO Jordy Nelson is a problem. I would have tried not to do that. As for QB I don't think anyone should even worry about their starting QB (unless they insist on getting a top 4 guy too early in the draft) let alone their back up. If everyone in the league has a back up on their roster in a 12 team league then yes that is a problem (and you are in a stupid league), but either way someone on waivers will be in a position to hold you over for 1 week at QB trust me.

Edited by SameOldBills

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.