How should the Bills utilize graham and Goodwin?

yes maybe he will be as good as parish!!!!! he was like that. same size too!

I was about to disagree with you, because TJ and Goodwin both look larger framed to me than Parrish did... but then I did the research. Hrm...

5'9" 175lbs

5'11" 190lbs

5'10" 180lbs

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Graham is nothing like Harvin. He's a former track guy that showed a knack for catching the deep ball in college. He's not a shifty runner, nor is he built for that. Then, last year, he dropped a lot of balls and was arguably the worst WR in the NFL. To be fair, his role was wasted under a QB like Fitz. Graham did show separation ability and was open often... although, you could use the Fitz argument there as well and suggest defenses didn't need to respect him.

Goodwin has potential to be a Harvin-like player. But, there's good reason he was drafted where he was. He's 5'8, and is very raw since he was primarily a track star most of his time at Texas. I like drafting the athlete philosophy, but it will require patience. I'm not expecting much from him next year.

Agree 100% on Graham. -I personally doubt he'll make the team this season at all. What he showed last season has "practice squad" written all over it. -And that's generous. Just another one of buddy's brain-farts if you asked me.

Goodwin, has had zero pro games to get the nod either way. However, his flat speed, and ability to run through contact suggests he'll be better in the open flat, or coming out of the backfield. I don't see the type of hands that say "deep threat" to me. -Not yet.

I'm looking at Kaufmann as a red-zone/deep guy, and Gragg as an all-purpose weapon. Hogan is a guy I'm rooting for also. I'm bracing myself for alot of picks, and tipped INT's. Pre-season will be ugly. However, young guys (in general) seek improvement sooner rather than later. I see this roster as a very fluid thing at the moment. There's a chance our best player hasn't even been picked up yet.

Also, as a side-note, WR Brad Smith should go... I Love the guy as a Bill, but the experiment is over, and the results are inconclusive. The one thing I can see from space is that Brad Smith is not a natural reciever. I feel better with him as Backup QB, than crowding the field for these young receivers. Sorry, Brad. IMO, you're a casualty of Gailey's incompetence.