Ah, Politics

Politicizing Relief Efforts

French President Jacques Chirac fears “that Washington is deliberately circumventing the United Nations and wants to compete with the international organization,” the Frankfurter Allgemeine Zeitung reported. “President Chirac wants to hinder America from using its ad hoc-organized aid operation to set a precedent that will lastingly weaken the role of the United Nations.”

Yep, it's all about circumventing the UN. :I starred in Brokeback Mountain:

French President Jacques Chirac fears “that Washington is deliberately circumventing the United Nations and wants to compete with the international organization,” the Frankfurter Allgemeine Zeitung reported. “President Chirac wants to hinder America from using its ad hoc-organized aid operation to set a precedent that will lastingly weaken the role of the United Nations.”

Yep, it's all about circumventing the UN.  :I starred in Brokeback Mountain:

201288[/snapback]

What, did he already spend his oil-for-food kickbacks and is looking for more "aid" programs to corrupt? :w00t:

Attitudes like his are the biggest reason to avoid going through the UN's aid program. Does anyone want this guy anywhere near the control of a US CVBG?

Yep, it's all about circumventing the UN.  :I starred in Brokeback Mountain:

201288[/snapback]

:w00t::w00t:;)

At least it puts things into perspective for people who think America is the only country with goofy leaders, or the one with the goofiest leaders.

"The United States should leave the region! Let the UN handle this; we're almost ready with some resolutions!!"